Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

What is the best Mask for Acne ?

Hi loves, I have combo skin and im in my 20s, just when I thought I was out of the hormonal acne bracket, my face has started breaking out more. Any suggest for a mask to help combat them?

Re: What is the best Mask for Acne ?

Hello beauty,
The Boscia Charcoal Pore Pudding Intensive Wash-Off Treatment is a unique two part pore pudding powered by black and white charcoal. The powerful pair work together to minimize the appearance of pores while balancing skin for ideal results. It lifts away clogging impurities and excess oil without leaving skin feeling dry, irritated, or stripped. This mask would be great for your skin type . 

XOXO Boscia 

RE: What is the best Mask for Acne ?

GlamGlow mud mask or clay masks like origins or caudalie. Origins and Clinique have spot treatments that you apply to specific areas or they can be drying.

The new Sunday Riley Saturn mask is amazing! It's helped my really bad cystic hormonal acne so much. I've tried so many masks (including the tansy herbivore mask, which I didn't feel did much) and this one is by far the best!

I've been so happy with Herbivore's Blue Tansy mask. I get hormonal breakouts as well as breakout when under stress and this mask has helped keep my skin clear and feeling great.

I also own Glamglow's Supermud mask and found it didn't deliver the results I would have liked (especially for it's price tag). I almost always reach for the Herbivore mask instead. 

Anonymous Insider

The Tata Harper clarifying mask is really good. I had some pimples and the next morning after using this mask, it looked like everything was coming out of my pores. And my face glowed for a week after.

Acne will really only be dealt with through a complete skincare routine, but here are a few masks that I really like that either help draw pimples to a head quicker or help reduce inflammation and redness around ance: Caudalie's Instant Detox Mask (washoff mask), Ole Henriksen's Power Bright 3 Step System (washoff mask), and Leader's AC Clear Treatment Mask (sheetmask, available at Ulta). 

I suggest the Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask or the GlamGlow SuperMud, both will help pull impurities out of the skin. The Sunday Riley Saturn mask is getting a lot of good feedback as well, I just haven't tried that one yet. What's the rest of your skincare routine like?

Okay so the best products I have ever used.  Clear Face by Neutrigena.  You can get it in the drug store, and they also have a black head acne scrub.  I'm a teenager in college and this keeps my acne down so much.  It takes two minutes to wash your face in, either of the products and it works amazingly.  Only con it does leave your skin a bit red after using it, and if you have very sensitive skin I do not suggest using the Clear Face mask and daily cleanser.  The black head removing scrub is great on sensitive skin though, never had a problem with any redness after.  And it's a great expholiater. 

(Yes, I know i spelled those wrong I've been up all night writing essays)

I have found Dr. Dennis Gross' alpha peel pads to be the best solution. Occasionally I cheat but I always end up back there. They come in three strengths but like retinol I suggest you build up to twice a day depending on your skin's sensitivity.

@lakishaadams I would recommend Origins Charcoal Mask - i...

@LakishaAdams I would recommend Origins Charcoal Mask - it draws impurities out of your pores and will help with oil. If you prefer mud masks, Pixi Mud Mask is also going to be helpful. However that being said, a once a week mask isn't going to cure acne for you. I would recommend Pixi Glow Mud Cleanser - it has an AHA in it and will help exfoliate and control oil. Its a much better daily solution.

Re: @lakishaadams I would recommend Origins Charcoal Mask - i...

Thanks so much for your recommendations, I think ill try the Pixi Glow Mud cleanser for everydat and see how that works.

11 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 11 Hearts Given
  • 11 Contributors
testing