Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware

Using retinol during the day

I just purchased the Youth Renewal Retinol serum from Murad and I have some questions. I like that its very emollient, and I'd like to use it as a daytime serum under a moisturizer (with SPF of course), but is it safe? I've used retinol stuff at night, but I like how this adds moisture as well and would hopefully wear well under makeup. 

Thoughts on using retinol during the day?

Re: Using retinol during the day

Retinol is susceptible to sunlight so many prefer/recommend night usage to limit damage caused by sun exposure. If you do want to use it during the day then you need to make sure you're wearing a good broad-spectrum sunscreen  to protect your skin. That sunscreen should be an item on its own, not just a product with spf, because the amount of sunscreen within that product will not be enough to give you adequate protection.  

Re: Using retinol during the day

Retinol products should really only be used at night, since it really does increase your skin's sensitivity to UV rays. Murad's retinol serum is gentle, and its great that it adds moisture, but don't give in to the temptation to use it during the day. Always use SPF, too! 

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing