cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Trader Joe's Skin Care Products

Hello BIC's!

I'm a big fan of Trader Joe's.  Not only do they have great wines at a VERY reasonable price, now you can find some great skin care products at unbelievable prices!  For a while, I've been using the 100% Jojoba Oil to remove my make up (I follow it up with a foaming cleanser), and the 100% Tea Tree Oil to spot treat breakouts.  On my recent trip to purchase a new bottle of the jojoba oil, I found these 2 products that I ended up buying as well:

• Nourish Hyaluronic Moisture Boost Serum -$8.99
  • Nourish Enriched Intensive Antioxidant Facial Moisturizer $5.99

IMG_5608.JPG

I've been using the serum and I think it may be a dupe for Peter Thomas Roth's Water Drench Cloud Serum (ingredients: Water, Saccharide Isomerate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium PCA, Hydrolyzed Silk, Algae Extract, Mel (Honey) Extract, Saccharomyces/Iron Ferment, Saccharomyces/Copper Ferment, Saccharomyces/Silicon Ferment, Saccharomyces/Zinc Ferment, Saccharomyces/Magnesium Ferment, Eriodictyon Crassifolium Leaf Extract, Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract, Opuntia Tuna Flower/Stem Extract, Urea, Trehalose, Sorbitol, Glycerin, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Propylene Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Polyquaternium-51, Triacetin, Pentylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Disodium EDTA, Potassium Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol. - not the same ingredients but similar feel). 

The ingredients for TJ's Serum are: Water, Propanediol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin.  If you're looking for a hyaluronic serum, I highly recommend this one.  You can't beat it for the price.

I previously posted this thinking there was another product that was very similar and that maybe TJ was partnering with that company on this product but after looking more closely at the ingredients, they were not identical.  If you're interested in reviewing that product it's by SkinResource MD Hyaluronic Moisture Boost Serum.

I haven't tried yet the moisturizer but like the ingredient list.  Has anyone tried it or any of the TJ skin care products?  What do you guys think?

Re: Trader Joe's Skin Care Products

My earlier post was edited because i inserted a link. etc. 

this is very similar to  SkinResource MD Hyaluronic Moisture Boost Serum however lacking the Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid ?  

SkinResource ingredients: Water (Aqua), Propanediol, Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol.

Trader joes ingredients- Water (Aqua), Propanediol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol

I actually think its a dupe for Neutrogena Hydro Boost with hyaluronic acid. Makes more sense with the price and name. 

b3autygrl wrote:

Hello BIC's!

I'm a big fan of Trader Joe's.  Not only do they have great wines at a VERY reasonable price, now you can find some great skin care products at unbelievable prices!  For a while, I've been using the 100% Jojoba Oil to remove my make up (I follow it up with a foaming cleanser), and the 100% Tea Tree Oil to spot treat breakouts.  On my recent trip to purchase a new bottle of the jojoba oil, I found these 2 products that I ended up buying as well:

IMG_5608.JPG

I've been using the serum and I think it may be a dupe for Peter Thomas Roth's Water Drench Cloud Serum (ingredients: Water, Saccharide Isomerate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium PCA, Hydrolyzed Silk, Algae Extract, Mel (Honey) Extract, Saccharomyces/Iron Ferment, Saccharomyces/Copper Ferment, Saccharomyces/Silicon Ferment, Saccharomyces/Zinc Ferment, Saccharomyces/Magnesium Ferment, Eriodictyon Crassifolium Leaf Extract, Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract, Opuntia Tuna Flower/Stem Extract, Urea, Trehalose, Sorbitol, Glycerin, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Propylene Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Polyquaternium-51, Triacetin, Pentylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Disodium EDTA, Potassium Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol. - not the same ingredients but similar feel). 

The ingredients for TJ's Serum are: Water, Propanediol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin.  If you're looking for a hyaluronic serum, I highly recommend this one.  You can't beat it for the price.

I previously posted this thinking there was another product that was very similar and that maybe TJ was partnering with that company on this product but after looking more closely at the ingredients, they were not identical.  If you're interested in reviewing that product it's by SkinResource MD Hyaluronic Moisture Boost Serum.

I haven't tried yet the moisturizer but like the ingredient list.  Has anyone tried it or any of the TJ skin care products?  What do you guys think?

b3autygrl wrote:

Hello BIC's!

IMG_5608.JPG

b3autygrl wrote:

Hello BIC's!

IMG_5608.JPG

RE: Trader Joe's Skin Care Products

How do you like the serum so far? I’m thinking of picking it up the next time I go to TJs.

Re: RE: Trader Joe's Skin Care Products

Hi @ChristinaFL2001!  I've been alternating between the TJ serum and the PTR one and I have to say that I prefer the PTR.  I think the TJ is OK especially if you're on a budget and don't want to sell out $60+ for the PTR one but personally I don't think I'll repurchase the TJ one as I don't mind shelling out the $$.  What I like about the PTR better is that it feels more substantial on the skin.  I feel like the TJ one evaporates into thin air and with the PTR it feels like it does sink into the skin better and it has a very nice silky finish on the skin even though it doesn't have dimethicone in it.    That said, for the price if you're interested in trying it out to see if you like it I think it's definitely worth it.  I can tell you that since I just finished my deluxe PTR sample, I'll be finishing up the TJ one.  Who knows if it will win me over once I'm done with the bottle. 🙂

RE: Re: RE: Trader Joe's Skin Care Products

Thanks for the response! I’ll probably wait on it for now. I’m looking for a good hydrating nighttime serum and was thinking of trying the TJs one... as nice as the PTR one sounds, I don’t think I want to spend $60! Apparently TJs now has a rose facial oil has anyone seen it?

@b3autygrlthanks for the heads up on the serum! I've been shopping around for a new serum, my skin has been dry and patchy 😞  I've only heard good things about their beauty products...but i admit I haven't tried too many

I just got their pumpkin body butter and it's SO much cheaper than my usual bliss body butter and makes my skin so soft and I smell like pie 🙂 also a plus, it's vegan

@phantompenguin I'm going to look for their body butters now... I'm in the market for a new lotion. Thanks!

I've used the simple skin cleanser and the oil free moisturizer and found them both to be great. I switched to Sunday Riley because I got a sample of the UFO oil when I was getting breakouts ( from previously using the Korres Yogurt line) and fell in love. SR is the best, but TJ's is great when you need to stick to a budget! They also have a facial cleansing oil which I'd like to try when I run out of my Tacha. I use cleansing oils at night to remove makeup then SR ceramic slip. I've hear that their Spa Nourish shampoo and conditioner are great for dry, curly, frizzy and/or coily hair! 

So i have been using the Tatcha pure one cleansing oil and it's running low, so I tried the TJ's version and I can say this: TJ's is pretty good, it's not as thick as Tatcha though. It has a much more strong scent - it's quite floral - but in terms of a lower cost replacement, I think it's decent. Not great, but decent. 

mermadelove wrote:

I've used the simple skin cleanser and the oil free moisturizer and found them both to be great. I switched to Sunday Riley because I got a sample of the UFO oil when I was getting breakouts ( from previously using the Korres Yogurt line) and fell in love. SR is the best, but TJ's is great when you need to stick to a budget! They also have a facial cleansing oil which I'd like to try when I run out of my Tacha. I use cleansing oils at night to remove makeup then SR ceramic slip. I've hear that their Spa Nourish shampoo and conditioner are great for dry, curly, frizzy and/or coily hair! 

@AmyLaughs312  This is good to know. I'll stick to the Tacha then because I only use it in the PM as park of my makeup removal double cleanse. I bought it in April of last year and I still have a little less than half the bottle left so It's worth it to me to replace it. 

@mermadelove I'll have to look into TJ's Nourish shampoo and conditioner, hopefully it's silicone free as I'm currently on a no sulfates, parabens or silicones and have seen a huge difference in my hair (previously it was dry, dull, frizzy and I have straight hair).  Since switching to Briogeo Rosarco shampoo and conditioner my hair is less dry, less frizzy, starting to feel soft  and it's natural shine is coming back!!

But I'm always for more economical beauty/skin care products if they perform and I approve of the ingredients list.

Trader Joe's Skin Care Products

I love their lavender salt scrub. fabulous scent and a great way to exfoliate.
Anonymous Insider

What are the ingredients for the serum?

@Anonymous these are the products on the bottle that I have:  Water, Propanediol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin.

Anonymous Insider

Thanks! 😄

I'm glad to hear that their in-house products are better nowadays. I was scared off five or six years ago... picked up a serum of theirs to try and it seriously felt like I was rubbing motor oil on my face! And it smelled like plastic. I binned it right away, didn't even bother returning it. 

That seemed really out of character for their stuff, though, so I've always hoped it was a fluke even if I wasn't brave enough to try again myself. I've liked everything else I've gotten there, including their soap and other H&B things. It would be wild if they really got the PTR manufacturing backend to make their house brands! But that's how most their food and beverage production works too, so it's not a bad guess actually.

@fieldsofclover I've also tried their facial cleanser (the simple one) and it was great when my skin was super oily but as my skin has become a little less oily/more dehydrated it was too harsh so I changed to La Roche Posay Toleriane Foaming Cleanser (for normal/oily).  But again, my skin seems to be balancing itself a bit more, so even this is sometimes a little drying.  

I haven't used the moisturizer on my face yet but I have tried it on my hands and the smell is not great.  It is fragrance free so the smell is that of the ingredients.  I wish they would have added just a tiny bit of some type of essence oil so that it smelled just a tiny bit pleasant.  I'll update once I give it a go on my face.

I'm a bit picky on the ingredients (trying to stay away from silicones and sd alcohol) I like so after reading those from some of their other products I decided not to purchase them.  Other than that, the ingredients they use on most of their products seem to be really good.  

@fieldsofclover I bet motor oil is very hydrating, though! 😂

Conversation Stats
  • 18 replies
  • 29 Hearts Given
  • 11 Contributors
Photos1
  • IMG_5608.JPG
testing