Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

The ordinary

Has anyone tried these products from the brand the ordinary and do they work? I am interested in trying

Re: The ordinary

The brand as a whole is definitely worth trying. Their prices are amazing so even if you can find a few products that work for you it can make a huge difference in the long run. Just make sure that you look into the chemical purpose of each product. Since there is minimal information given on the products themselves, if you don't know your stuff it can be easy to mix products that will cause your skin to get irritated. Overall I have been very impressed with all of the products I have ordered from them.

I have used Niaciminde and I am in love, my skin was producing so much sebum, I thought I was going crazy, (I have used so many expensive remedies for that, but none helped) I definitely recommend it if you have problem with blackheads and sebum.

Anonymous Insider

the ordinary products changed my life completely. 

The ordinary

After spending thousands over the past few years, I have found that The Ordinary has the most effective and inexpensive priced products. Since buying most of their line, I have not returned to purchasing any other brands. I am in love with the Buffet with copper. Hands down a steal at $29. I also use the Niacinamide w/ zinc almost every night. Pores are now much smaller and no breakouts.

@MaddietttI love their rosehip and argan oils!

I also really like their Rose Hip Seed Oil. 

I personally don't care for the formulation of their HA - it's really sticky and it has a tendency to pill. A lot of people like it nonetheless.

Ha, I agree about the HA serum... just didn’t see any moisture help. I actually found the FAB hydrating serum much better. Funny though I wanted to give TO another chance and ordered the Rosehip seed oil earlier today.

@Maddiettt Currently using the 7% glycolic acid toning solution, which I love.  Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA is a good moisturizer.  AHA/BHA Peeling Solution is good for weekly exfoliation, and is a comparable alternative to Drunk Elephant Baby Facial.  Buffet and Niacinamide are worth trying.  Not a huge fan of the Rose-Hip Seed Oil, but I'm not a huge fan of oils in general.  I use to love their Vit C products, but since I've moved on to other brands, I can now see that other brands are more effective at brightening.  I've tried quite a few other products by The Ordinary but probably wouldn't rebuy because they weren't that impressive to me. 

Another vote for the THE ORDINARY - 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil. I also gave it as gifts this year to friends and family. An incredibly nourishing product for a fair price.

RE: The ordinary

I have very sensitive & dry prone skin. I tried a number of these products and I found they made my skin flaky and caused major breakouts. Wish they worked for me - great price point

@Maddiettt Yes I love the ordinary

for dry skin I love the hydration The Ordinary 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil 1 oz/ 30 mLgives 

The Ordinary Caffeine 5% + EGCG Depuffing Eye Serum 1 oz/ 30 mLwill help with puffiness and under eye bags 

I second @SportyGirly125's recommendations. The The Ordinary 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL is my favorite product from the line. It's my favorite product for deeply moisturizing my skin during the winter. I like using mine on top of my daily moisturizer. I also use the rose hip seed oil as an eye oil that plumps up any fine lines or wrinkles.

13 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 12 Hearts Given
  • 14 Contributors
testing