Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware

The Ordinary Skincare Help

Hoping for help to figure out a weekly skincare routine. Recently went on a The Ordinary. shopping spree. Have never used the product but heard good things. Here's what I purchased... ##

*Squalane Cleanser

*Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution

*"Buffet"

*Niacinamide 10% +Zinc 1%

*AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution

*Caffeine Solution 5% + EGCG

Is there anything crucial that I'm missing? What would be a good daily/weekly routine?

I'm new to skincare regimens, I normally just wash with a drugstore cleanser 😬. I'm 35, combination skin that is more on the oily side of the fence. Biggest concerns are blackheads, occasional pimples, oil, as well as taking care of my skin because eeekk age. 

Thanks!!

Re: The Ordinary Skincare Help

Nice set, @vjenks!! I'd use the following way:

Mornings

TO Cleanser

TO Niacinamide

TO Caffeine under eye

Moisturizer

SPF

Evenings

Cleanser

If you skin isn't used to acids, the TO peel once a week at most, starting off for 1/4 to 1/2 recommended time. On a different night a week you can use the toner. You could also use the toner after cleansing in the morning but not the morning of or after the peel.

TO Buffet

Night cream

I might add in a retinol or alt-retinol product, and use it on different nights than when you use the acids. You also want to start slow with retinols, at most once a week to start.

I also recommend patch testing everything and only introducing one new product every few weeks to let you skin get accustomed.

I really like the Buffet, I use it after my actives at night to help nourish the skin. It's great!! If you're worried about aging, I've found the The Ordinary Argireline Solution 10% Serum for Facial Wrinkles 1 oz/ 30 mL helps with fine lines for my early 30s skin.

Good luck!!

Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing