Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware

Tatcha Rice Powder + Acid exfoliators?

Hi! 

I have a question for anyone who uses Tatcha daily, specifically the rice cleanser. What serums if any do you follow it with? Do you use exfoliating serums (glycolic or BHA) on the same night? Do you alternate since the powder is technically an exfoliator as well?

Context: I recently trasitioned my nightly cleansing routine to the Tatcha oily skin line. I've been using it for about 3 weeks now and I am so happy with how gentle the products are but how effective they've been in beginning to balance my skin which is sensitive, oily and acne prone. 

I do the double cleanse

1. Tatcha The Camellia Oil 2-in-1 Makeup Remover & Cleanser 5.1 oz/ 150 mL 

2. Tatcha The Rice Polish Foaming Enzyme Powder Deep 

Followed by 

1. Tatcha The Essence Skincare Boosting Treatment 5.1 oz/ 150 mL 

2. Tatcha The Water Cream Oil-Free Pore Minimizing Moisturizer 1.7 oz / 50 mL 

I think I may have made a mistake by adding my Drunk Elephant T.L.C. Framboos™ Glycolic Resurfacing Night Serum 1.69 oz/ 50 mL over the weekend as my skin began to experience some irritation this week.

So now I'm here wondering how you all have perfected this routine! 

Re: Tatcha Rice Powder + Acid exfoliators?

Hi @alynicmol generally speaking if you're using a physical exfoliant you don't need to use a chemical exfoliant in the same night. So on the nights you want to use the Drunk Elephant I wouldn't bother using the Tatcha exfoliant.

As for what serum to add in - are there any other concerns you want to address? If not and you're happy with how your skin is feeling you don't really need to add in a serum. Depending on your age you might want to add in a retinol but I would withhold on using either chemical/physical exfoliants on that and do a slow introduction once a week to start. 

Hi! Thanks for responding! I have some active hormonal acne around my chin so reducing the size of the blemishes and fading scars is what I'm looking to treat with a serum. 

@alynicmol If it's dark spots you are looking for products with niacinamide, vitamin c, any of azealic, kojic or tranexamic acid, alpha arbutin, licorice root extract and probably a chemical exfoliant (like an AHA). I don't think there is a serum with all of that but you sort of need to find what works best for your skin so a couple product options

essentially a ton of options at a ton of price ranges, generally you would want to use any vitamin c in the AM and any chemical exfoliant in the PM. 

Oh awesome thanks so much for the variety! I'll check them out 🙂

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing