Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Tatcha Problems?!

I’m not sure if anyone out there is having issues with tatcha skincare. I tried the dewy skin  cream and first 1-2 weeks no issues, now I am red, tiny dots all over my face big plump pimples, etc. i feel like my skin got ran over by a car! I have not seen my face look so bad in a long time. i tried using the rice wash soft cream cleanser and I noticed I have dry patches after it. At first I thought it was because I tried a new sunscreen that had alcohol in it. It got so bad tonight I had to re wash my face and use a different moisturizer my old Dr. Jart cream. 

I had gotten the tatcha as my birthday present and all the reviews are so high. Yes my skin can be sensitive. It was dried out before using this and the samples from the store were working my skin look plumped and skin tone was the best I’ve ever seen now it’s all gone downhill!

Anyone have issues with using tatcha? I was trying to blame it on the sunscreen but I went back to my old sunscreen. I am so embarrassed to take pics or go out in public now!

Has anyone tried Chanel skincare?

Thank you! 

Re: Tatcha Problems?!

@Katie3184  Sorry you had a bad reaction! I have mostly-dry combo skin that's quite reactive/inflammation-prone and fairly sensitive, and each Tatcha product I've tried on my face (except the Kissu lip mask) has irritated my skin. Normally I pick through product ingredient lists and look for common denominators that might be ticking my skin off. But I haven't done that yet with Tatcha. 

Your tiny red dots could be a legit bad reaction. But big pimples (do you mean yellow pus-filled pimples, or cysts that are deep under the skin and won't come to a head?) might've been brewing for a while and chose that week to erupt, if they're truly acne. Or, all your symptoms could be signs of a different skin condition; you'll need a dermatologist or your primary care doctor to diagnose that. The dry patches after using the Tatcha cleanser tells me that cleanser might've been too drying/stripping for your skin, especially if your skin was already very dry beforehand. Or, something in that cleanser might've irritated your skin. 

Hopefully you've rolled your skincare routine back to basics by now: gentle hydrating cleanser at night (optional in the morning), a good moisturizer (sounds like a Dr. Jart cream's worked well for you before), and sunscreen (I'm glad you stuck with sunscreen!). Apply the moisturizer while your skin's damp to seal in hydration. If you do have acne, you could introduce a 2% salicylic acid leave-on exfoliant or acne wash a couple times a week; this won't help deep cystic acne, though. For that type of acne, I recommend seeing a derm or your primary care doc for treatment options. 

When introducing any new skincare product, patch test it first. I usually patch test on a small area of my jawline or neck, and I test for at least a week to check for reactions. 

Also: is there anything wrong with your current (or old) skincare products that's making you try new brands/products? Asking because you mentioned Chanel's skincare. Whether those products will work for you depends on what you want them to do for your skin: what are your skincare goals or issues, and do any of Chanel's products contain ingredients that'll address your goals/issues. I haven't tried any of Chanel's skincare lines because I'm not willing to spend that much money, knowing there are plenty of less expensive and very effective options that work for me. 

Was so excited to get this as a bday gift, used it twice with same reactions. Only the lotion- was too scared to touch cleanser. Depressing 😞 

@Katie3184 - I have a deluxe sample of Tatcha The Dewy Skin Cream Plumping & Hydrating Moisturizer . After using it once a day for a few days, my skin started breaking out.  I don't have this problem with Tatcha The Water Cream Oil-Free Pore Minimizing Moisturizer 1.7 oz / 50 mL .  I've been using The Water Cream for years without any problem.

I also use Tatcha The Rice Wash Skin-Softening Cleanser , but only in the winter when my skin is a little dryer and only once a day; twice a day is too drying.  The Rice Wash does have very gentle exfoliation; maybe that's what's irritating and drying your skin.

I think First Aid Beauty Pure Skin Face Cleanser 11 oz/ 325 mL and First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair® Cream Intense Hydration are gentle and good products you might want to look at.

@Katie3184 You are not the only one that has had issues with Tatcha. There are some other people on here that are allergic to the ingredients or have had a reaction to it. I have tried Chanel skincare but didn’t think it was worth it. I think you would love Sulwhasoo. 

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing