Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Tatcha- Breakouts?! Anyone else?

I got the water cream as a 100 point sample a while back... and I thought that it was good so I purchased the full size. Shortly after I then purchased the oil and rice powder face wash in the smaller size. After a couple weeks my entire jaw line has cystic acne and I have small tiny bumps underneath my chin. I’m so disappointed that my skin reacted like this! I’m super oily anyways but I have never had a reaction to anything like this. Has anyone else had the same experience? And what are you using instead?

Re: Tatcha- Breakouts?! Anyone else?

Tacha Indigo Overnight Repair left me disappointed. Initially, I experienced tiny breakouts on my forehead and jawline, and I suspected it might be due to antibiotics. After a two-week break from the product and finishing my antibiotics, my skin cleared up. However, when I resumed using the cream, the tiny pimples returned. It's frustrating that despite the high cost, it seems Tacha didn't adequately research or consider user feedback. I won't be using Tacha products again.

I am a little late to this, but I am so glad I'm not crazy!! I had received the rice wash, calming cleanser and the dewy skin moisturizer samples and loved them! Went and bought the whole set and within the first 2 weeks of using it, started experiencing a horrendous burning all over my face. It was so bad that if I tried to use the moisturizer, my skin would turn bright red and BURN like crazy! The pain and redness would go away after about 30 minutes, but then the next morning I had all these little red blotches that looked like scales. I stopped using the products but unfortunately my skin has never been the same since. Now, 8 months after I stopped using Tatcha, I still have these dry patches that are red and bumpy, almost like a chemical burn! Fortunately, after much research and trials, I found a wonderful skin care line that is slowly repairing the damage Tatcha did

I have, what I can only find online described as being “blepharitis”. Very swollen, itchy eyes with a scaliness like eczema!! It lasted two months before I put literal steroid cream on it to make it stop. 
I couldn’t place what caused it until I used the tatcha sample set I got for my birthday and what do you know… blepharitis eyes once again. 

Same thing, super swollen irritated eyes!!

I have the same issue with my eyes! Now I developed very red dots and a quarter size welt along my jaw line after using the Tacha moisturizer today. I’ve been dealing with the eye ezema for weeks and had to go to a dermatologist which gave me a steroid cream. I was suspicious that it was the the Tacha, but I wasn’t convinced until I googled my suspicion   and found this thread. My skin looks so irritated and unhealthy. I will stop all Tacha products immediately. 

Just had the worst breakouts of all time after trying out the dewy skin cream and then the water cream 😢

Late to this thread, but I really thought it was just me because everyone loves the tatcha moisturizers. I noticed breakouts when I tried a birthday sample months ago. I put it aside for a while and tried it again literally yesterday thinking maybe my past breakouts were hormonal or something else. Today I have 3 new pimples on my cheek. Just when I was thinking my breakouts were under control. I decided to look up other peoples experiences and found this thread. I'll see if I can donate this to someone else, but I'm definitely not using it anymore. 

Check to see if you can return it first to the store. I have adult hormonal acne and see a dermatologist BUT I also have been looking up all my beauty products on  and copy/pasting the product ingredients into their search to see if it has any acne causing ingredients. Some have really surprised me. It’s kind of a double edged sword. You want that deep luxurious moisturizer but really can’t use it because it will break you out. Vanicream makes a really nice feeling moisturizer!

I swear, I was using Tula and Elemis before and never had any problems and I decided to get some things from tatcha 1 week after my skin went bananas even my neck ! I’ve researched my other two using the same content and I found nothing negative I guess I won’t be buying tatcha products again! What a shame

I’m almost certain it’s the fermented rice ingredients. Every time I used a product with fermented rice like an essence, my face broke in the same way

Omg, the same thing happened to me. I've been using Tatcha for about 18 months and absolutely love it! My favor is The silk cream, rice wash, their revitalizing eye cream and revitalizing night cream. I only recently started using their dry oil cleanser and Essence. But now my face is burning and red and blotchy and super itchy. I don't think it's dry cleanser, cuz I had that one about a month before I started using Essence and was fine. First I thought it's maybe the combination of all products at once (I usually double clean, then used Essence, serum and silk moisturizer), so tried to skip serum. Then stopped the Essence. Then added Essence back. Then, since my face was good again, added the serum back. But i REALLY think it's the Essence. It takes 2-3 days of using it for me to go back to red, itchy, burning face. I tried to Google it, but it wasn't giving me much until now. I'm going to check if my silk cream has fermented rice in it. I think my rice wash does, but I haven't had ANY allergic reactions to that one in the entire 18 months. This is such a puzzle 😞

I purchased their Rice face wash, Rice Enzyme Polish, Indigo Overnight Cream, and the Vitamin C Radiance mask. I heard rave reviews about their products and wanted to love them. They made break out. Every time I used the Indigo cream overnight I would wake up with break outs on my chin. Then I developed cystic acne on my cheeks, and I’ve never had acne in my life. I no longer use their products. 

Omg I thought it was just because I started using new products, which will cause me to breakout no matter what. Nope! My skin is HORRIBLE and hasn’t gotten better in 2 months!! I used the oil cleanser, rice wash, the essence, vitamin c, and the water cream. I’ve never had such painful cystic acne and they’re popping up in places where I don’t typically breakout. My skin is red, dry, and in such bad shape. Going back to my tried and true Fresh and The Inkey List. I support Tatcha’s mission, but their products aren’t for me. Really sad they didn’t work given how pricey they are.

I thought it was just me having issues with the Tatcha rice wash. Although I do have reactive skin, I have never had an adverse, long term effect from one wash. I have pinprick size red dots all over my cheeks that last about a week before fading back down. I didnt think it was the rice wash, so I tried it again. Same thing.

I thought I had researched the product well beforehand, but live and learn...

Have a similar reaction. Have acne on my cheeks that I never had before. Very poor product and I’m returning them all. 

Kind of Irritation lingered all day on my face (I used cream). Irritation continued after washing the face.

I ran out of my usual moisturizer (Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta) so while waiting for it to arrive I thought I would try out the Tatcha Water Cream sample I've had in my cabinet.  That evening I noticed some bumps along my jaw line and my skin felt a little itchy. By the next morning, my face was swollen and I had a red itchy and burning rash across my entire face. After a visit to the dermatologist, I had to get on steroids and antibiotics to clear it up...lasted 5 days. Not fun and definitely not what I was expecting from this product.  I'm sure this is a very rare occurrence, but I won't be using it again! 

Everything I have ever use from Tatcha has been so bad for my skin and has made any issues worse or if my skin was having issues, caused issues. I have Combination skin. 

how come they never tell customers about the possibility of the allergy?!!!

I purchased the water cream and the cleanser and I was very excited about it but a short time after the consumption all my forehead got full of cystic acne... it's itchy, too red, and bad looking

It's so disappointing!!! my skin was so sensitive and now it's become worse! 😞

I wish I just knew about it before using these products:(

Thank you, I thought I was going crazy. 

Conversation Stats
testing