Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Tatcha- Breakouts?! Anyone else?

I got the water cream as a 100 point sample a while back... and I thought that it was good so I purchased the full size. Shortly after I then purchased the oil and rice powder face wash in the smaller size. After a couple weeks my entire jaw line has cystic acne and I have small tiny bumps underneath my chin. I’m so disappointed that my skin reacted like this! I’m super oily anyways but I have never had a reaction to anything like this. Has anyone else had the same experience? And what are you using instead?

Re: Tatcha- Breakouts?! Anyone else?

I have only tried the mini set of Tatcha's Water Cream + Deep Cleanse Exfoliating Cleanser duo; back in 2019. I was really excited about finally getting to use Tatcha. Within a few days of using it, I just woke up one morning with extremely painful, red, XXL sized cystic acne... I've experienced cystic acne once in a while, over the years, but this was literally insane looking, compared to anything that's "popped up" in the past. ...I don't have any nut allergies? As far as I know, I don't have any food allergies? I don't know which ingredient is causing the cystic acne. I'm guessing it's one of the "special ingredients". But now i'm terrified of trying anything else from Tatcha. 😞 I gave the set to my biological sister, so that it wouldn't go to waste, and she didn't break out from it at all. She had no negative reactions. ...I've had a positive experience using Origins. I got hooked on the Bestsellers mini set, a while ago. I love their Rose retexturizing mask and their Mushroom soothing treatment lotion (it's very watery, but it brings down redness in minutes, for me). I love the DE Glycolic acid mask! I've also tried DE's Jelly cleanser and Protini moisturizer and I liked both. Sephora doesn't sell this brand, but Versed is in the $20 range, and that's my go-to brand right now. I've loved everything I've tried from them, apart from their Clarifying serum (Niacinamide makes me break-out). 

I only realized this now but if you have a nut allergy it might be because of the Pistacia lentiscus gum, which is in the pistachio nut family! No wonder I react to all Tatcha products, I'm just realizing all the ones I've tried contain this ingredient and I have a nut allgery!

I got the 6 step sample kit for Christmas and after my 4th day of using it, I started getting clusters of red dots on the outer corners of my eyes and on my jawline. I have sensitive skin but I had never seen that kind of reaction from a product before. It wasn’t even acne, they looked like tiny red dot clusters in concentrated areas. I immediately stopped using the products and they went away after a couple of days. 

Used the oil cleanser and currently dealing with the worst breakout I’ve had in YEARS. It’s awful, multiple cystic acne bumps on my cheeks, which has never happened, a lot of tiny bumps & whiteheads all over my chin, around my mouth, and on forehead. I was actually using a routine that was repairing my skin from acne & scarring, and this s****y product just set me back weeks of progress. My friend also used the oil cleanser, water serum and face mask and her normally clear skin broke out in nodules. DO NOT USE TATCHA PRODUCTS. I know people all have different skin types and reactions, but the amount of replies and reviews I’m seeing saying the same thing, and the types of reactions are far too severe for me not to advise against it. Tatcha products are trash. Save your money and your skin. 

This happened to me as well, I used the starter kit for oily skin which came with the one step camellia oil, rice powder, water cream moisturizer & the essence & it made my skin soft then I broke out along my jawline really bad, this was in July of 2019 and it’s now January of 2020 and my skin is barely getting better. I’m now using Clinique face wash for oily skin, thayers witch hazel for toner & dr jarts tea treement moisturizer along with cliniques dramatically different moisturizing gel

Its Sundial and i wanted to update this post on how things went. I have cleared up my skin finally using OTC Retinol and i now use glycolic acids to exfoliate. I still have Tatcha scrub and use it to polish my skin maybe once a month. It has a high PH level of 9 which can disrupt the skins acid mantle barrier and make skin susceptible to breakouts and worst. But I havent had any further issues with my skin since I ceased used of the other products and used retinol to clear the issues of cyst it caused.

The dewy skin cream broke me out faster than any product I’ve ever used. It’s loaded with silicone and my skin couldn’t breathe. I tried multiple times thinking it couldn’t be that bad, but it was. Bleh, worst sample EVER!

The same happened to me and I spent over $500 dollars on the whole skincare ritual !! 
My skin is full of cysts and acne. I never had so many breakouts like a have now! I’m so disappointed with tatcha... I really wanted it to work for me. 

I got the moisturize cream cause its supposed to help hydrate my dry skin complexion. Not only has it made my skin break into acne cysts but its all over my face, under my jawline and around my ears now. 

It's a very oily cream for a hydrating moisturizer. 

this is rather interesting since I think I might be experiencing the same thing but no pain. I didn't think something like skincare would be so tedious
Anonymous Insider

I wish I had seen this thread before spending $600 on a ‘full’ ‘ritual’ of products... same issue - I have always had beautiful clear skin - but this product - bam - pimples everywhere - cystic clusters! I’m over 50 and thought this was my answer to soft firm skin - but instead it’s been a disaster - really disappointed. 

Whenever I've had really bad cystic breakouts on my jawline it has usually been from using products that are too harsh on my skin that dry me out. It could be that the water cream just isn't moisturizing enough for you. Also there could be an ingredient in there that doesn't agree with your skin. What were you using before?

Honestly I haven't tried too many products from tatcha but I just picked up the cleansing oil in the sale. Skincare is so personal and there are so many other good brands out there that if this particular product is causing problems for you just return it and move on to something else 🙂

I bought a duluxe starter kit for oily skin from the Tatcha web which included the camilla oil, deep rice polish, essence, and watercream. I purchased the primer from Sephora. I also received a sample of the vitamin c serum. The vitamin c ferum broke me out with a ugly zit or red angry bump the first night and i discontinued use. It lasted a little over a week using indian healing clay twice a day to get rid of. I cleared my skin but continued use of the other priducts and started getting similar bumps on my forhead which has never happpened before. My cheeks and chin were hit too. I stopped the essence and it cleared up. Then i tried the essence again and got a huge bump on my eyebrow a few hours later. I threw out the rest after that. Im contunued to use the primer but kept getting new bumps. Im now on a no Tatcha cleanse. I think its the algea. I always have had a sensitivity to marine life. Now i avoid products with this ingredient. These bumps are not pus filled. They are hard painful small bumps that discolor the skin and leave a flat scar. Im using the ordinary peel to combat. Wish me luck. I had clear skin before i started this regime

I love Tatcha products. They've never caused me any problems

I thought I was crazy! I have never had any acne problems or breakouts ever really and all of a sudden I started getting deep cystic acne on my chin... super painful. Couldn’t figure out why then realized I had just started using the tatcha primer 😞 super disappointing because it’s a great primer besides that

OMG YES! I just bought a full deep scrub, water, face and neck cream. I broke out in a few places (5) and they were not like a normal break out. They were so deep and painful. returning now. 

Anonymous Insider

I never had pimples. My daugher recommended for uneven skin tone. Only a few but huge. The peel is fine but the pimples are a first. Any suggestions or should I stop using the product. I am over 50.

I had a breakout similar with a lot of red little pimples in my face but mostly in my jawline, but Im only been using violet-c serum from tatcha. 

I just read today in a chart that compared violet-c from tatcha and c-firma day serum that in tatcha serum said that its not fungal acne(malazzesia) safe. And Im thinking is either that or my hormonal imbalance (common shown in chin and jaw breakouts) or another thing.

Ok, so it's not just me.  Camellia Cleansing Oil left me with one new small pimple per day.  I rarely ever break out.  If I use Water Cream once per week I am ok.  If I use it multiple days in a row I break out in same area, same type of pimple.  I bought the full size rice polish at same time but have not tried using it without the oil yet, so we'll see how my skin reacts.  The oil was a sample.  Bummed because they feel so nice on the skin.  Fingers crossed I didn't just waste $65 on a full size product my skin doesn't like.  Will Sephora allow me to return if it does?  That's alot of money.  Lesson learned, try sample size first.

RE: Re: Tatcha- Breakouts?! Anyone else?

Sephora always has a great return policy. You get 90 days to return a product and you can return it as long as 1/2 of the product is still there. So don’t be afraid to try anything, just be sure to have either a reciept or your beauty insider Information to return it (it lets them know you aren’t trying to keep using products and then return them without having to pay for them)

Re: RE: Re: Tatcha- Breakouts?! Anyone else?

@EndofaneraADTR Policy is 60 days for a full refund. At 90 days it's too late. As for how much product is left, it's up the store, sure if it's empty it will be denied.

Full return policy https://m.sephora.com/beauty/returns-exchanges 

@TheGreeneBetty 

Conversation Stats
testing