Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Tatcha- Breakouts?! Anyone else?

I got the water cream as a 100 point sample a while back... and I thought that it was good so I purchased the full size. Shortly after I then purchased the oil and rice powder face wash in the smaller size. After a couple weeks my entire jaw line has cystic acne and I have small tiny bumps underneath my chin. I’m so disappointed that my skin reacted like this! I’m super oily anyways but I have never had a reaction to anything like this. Has anyone else had the same experience? And what are you using instead?
Anonymous Insider

Re: RE: Re: Tatcha- Breakouts?! Anyone else?

You are correct, that is my bad.  60 days is still plenty of time to figure out if you like a skin care product or not.  As far as the product thing goes, my store specifically stated there must be at least 1/2 the amount of product left to return it, unless the package broke and that is why you are returning it.  I’m assuming most Sephora stores will follow that guideline as well, it sounds reasonable.

Tatcha- Breakouts?! Anyone else?

it has oven cleaner ingredients that is bad for you. propandeol

RE: Tatcha- Breakouts?! Anyone else?

I had tried the tatcha water cream too (I had the sample size) and at first loving it on my face... then started to breakout and was bummed about it... still have some left from my sample size and contemplating if to give it a try again or not.

Re: Tatcha- Breakouts?! Anyone else?

I'm actually finding this thread really comforting because it just shows how individual skin can be. I initially had issues with the Water Cream breaking me out so I stopped using it... then, because I'm cheap and had loads left, I tried using it again and didn't have the same issues. Now I find it to be a good daytime option for the summer months provided that I use essence first, apply two layers of it, and use a more hydrating cream or oil at night. 

Tatcha is one of the few lines that I've tried that hasn't caused me to have a massive reaction but if your skin doesn't like one of the main ingredients then it isn't going to work for you. 

I’m allergic to something in Silk Canvas, apparantely. I’m still pretty bummed about that because I’d bought the beautiful full sized jar, and that primer felt so nice on my skin. It might’ve prompted me to wear foundation or skin tint much more frequently (I rarely wear either, especially not foundation), had it not caused rashes on my face each time I used it. 😞 

I also can’t use the Water Cream: it irritates my skin. I probably can’t use any Tatcha stuff... I wonder which ingredient(s) I react badly to, or which of my existing products Tatcha doesn’t play nice with. But I’m not willing to put my face through more bad reactions to find out. 

wow I had no idea Tatcha made so many people break out!! 

I love the water cream too, although there's a handful of similar moisturizers available.  I just ordered the dewy spray and hope it doesn't do anything bad!

When it comes to your acne, and everyone else's, I strongly suspect over-exfoliation coupled with drying out the skin.

Although the water cream is nice, it's really on the lighter end of moisturizers. You're taking oil out of your skin but not putting any back in, so it responds by over-producing oil.   I think if you use the rice polish less frequently (not as a twice-daily cleanser, but maybe three times a week exfoliation) and possibly the nights you use it, work a face oil into your routine, you should see better results.

Of course, don't forget about Sephora's return policy.  You know you like the water cream, but it's not too late to just return the other two.

Those tiny pimples popped up on my forehead and cheeks. I use the exfoliater and the water cream. 

So I bought the mini sizes of the water cream and the deep cleanse to see if I liked it. I fell in love with the texture of the cream & the way the products made my skin feel, so I bought the full sizes of both products & began to use each twice daily. All of a sudden I had little tiny surface pimples, as well as deep red pimples underneath the skin. I thought maybe it was just purging my skin & getting all of the gross stuff out of my pores, so I continued to use it but the acne never went aaay. I eventually returned it and haven’t looked back since. So weird, considering most people love Tatcha & say that it’s good for sensitive skin! Wish it worked for me.

Same thing happened to me, i started to get tiny surface pimples on my cheeks , and this has never happened to me before ever, sad but at least i bought the travel size instead of the actual size 

Anonymous Insider

SAME HERE. I haven’t had breakouts on my cheeks or anywhere for that matter since high school! I don’t remember my skin ever looking this bad.... 😞

Same thing happened to me. I got really bad cystic acne on my jawline. Extremely painful never had acne this bad.

Yes, my skin broke out with cystic acne along my chin line after using the Tatcha primer too. It was terrible and painful. I had to go to a dermatologist for treatment. Now my skin is clear, the primer was returned, and My skin is back to normal (with a few scars). I’ll use Sunday Riley’s Good Genes to fade these new marks.###

I broke out from Tatchas Silk Canvas, a shame because it was a great primer.

Anonymous Insider

Yes! I used to have extremely clear skin. Everyone would compliment me on how clear my skin was. I came across Tatcha on instagram because a lot of beauty influencers use it. I got the sample pack and for the first week my skin was flawless. Then as I kept using it I developed tiny bumps under my skin and then I broke out into cystic acne! At first I thought maybe it was from stress so I kept using the products. Then once I realized my skin got more inflamed when I used the products I immediately stopped using them and my skin started to clear up. I was using just about everything that they had to offer. I'm not sure if all of the products did this to my skin but I'm 100% certain the water cream, silk cream, and Camilla Cleansing oil did. Never using these products again. The only upside (kind of)  is their return policy. You can return any product as long as it's not empty or mostly empty. If you're using a product and you aren't sure that the product is causing problems you're most likely going to still use it. Anyone else having similar problems?

Anonymous Insider

I recently started using Tatcha , prior to that my skin was clear for several years fatter being on Accutane . Last few days I have noticed breakouts , nothing has changed besides the Tatcha products .... i started to wonder what was going on and now after reading all these people’s review , I am going to return the whole system!! 

I love Tatcha products. They're wonderfully luxurious. I'...

I love Tatcha products. They're wonderfully luxurious. I've never broken out from them

Hi @daniellensuki!

I've only used Tatcha's Water Cream and didn't have any breakouts.  What you're describing could be a result of the exfoliation or the oil.  If you want to figure out what it is.  I could recommend to stop using the oil and the rice powder until your skin is clear.  Then introduce only 1 of the products and use it daily for a week to see if you have any reaction.  If you don't have a reaction stop using it and then start using the 2nd product.  This will help you figure out which one is causing you to break out.  I hope you find this helpful!

I haven’t broken out with Tatcha, but very nearly. My face tingles in an unpleasant way and has been red and itchy afterward. My favourite water product is Urban Decay’s Hot Springs Moisturizing Gel. I never break out with that because it is super gentle. I use it at night before bed because it doesn’t clog my pores either.

I've broken out from using Tatcha's cleansing oil, which is a shame because it felt like a nice product and was a good first cleanse. I suspect it was the camellia oil but could be another ingredient lower down on the list. I don't believe I reacted to their rice powder but I have only tried a couple times because I stay away from physical exfoliation with scrubs.
Anonymous Insider

Re: RE: Tatcha- Breakouts?! Anyone else?

I started using the oil cleanser and moisturizer separately and they both made me break out. More break outs with the oil cleanser..... Going back to coconut oil the only thing that keeps my skin clear & radiant 

Re: RE: Tatcha- Breakouts?! Anyone else?

Was this your first time oil cleansing? It could be just bringing everything to the surface!

Conversation Stats
testing