Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware

Sweaty Summer Skin?

So any tips on still having coverage but not putting too much foundation to where it feels like its dripping off? And when i use powders, I look dry because I have dry skin. What's the middle ground here for me especially when I need some form of coverage due to my acne scars. Thanks in advance! ❤️

Anonymous Insider

Re: Sweaty Summer Skin?

You definitely need to find the right powder for your skin as some powders really dry out your face even more, I’d suggest the hourglass veil powder and as far as coverage I’d say concealer is your best bet, I don’t use foundation in the summer months because it tends to separate and just come off and not look it’s best so I use concealer where necessary and powder on top, looks way better than foundation on me

I've been having a similar problem this summer (though my skin isn't overly dry). It's especially difficult on my forehead because I have bangs. I've been applying my morning serum (Drunk Elephant) or SPF moisturizer and dusting LIGHTLY with powder, applying foundation and then another light dusting mostly on my forehead. My skin looks a bit powdered initially so I finish with Urban Decay setting spray. By the time I'm leaving the house 45 minutes later my makeup has settled in a bit. Throughout the day I rarely use powder, I try to blot off excess sweat with a tissue when I touch up my makeup and then use oil absorbing blotting papers to control any shine. They don't remove my makeup and it has been lasting throughout the day pretty well. If it's a really sweaty day I might put a very very thin layer of translucent powder near my hairline and across my forehead but that's pretty much it. Good luck!

@veee2 For dry skin try mixing beauty oil into your foundation for extra hydration.  Also maybe the powder you are using isn't compatible with your skin type.  You can try Hourglass Veil™ Translucent Setting Powder - Talc Free TranslucentThis product is great for dry skin.

Sweaty Summer Skin?

Sometimes I dilute my full coverage foundation with moisturizer or aloe vera gel. It typically works fairly well.
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing