Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Sunscreen 2018 Holy Grails

I'll be the first to admit that I was never really a big proponent of sunscreen up until about 2-3 years ago when my mom had to have a small piece removed. Luckily it was nothing and she has had no cases since. But even the thought of her having a small bit of melanoma was enough to remind me that I need to be more aware and consistent with protecting myself. One SPF that I love to use is Unseen Sunscreen from Super Goop. I love the added benefit of it's protection from harsh lights from tech devices such as cell phones and computer screen. Then there's the Defense Refresh Rosemary Makeup Setting Spray. I have been loving this because I can spritz it at some point throughout the day to touch up my SPF as well as take my shine down. I have some major shine pull through form time to time! Any one else loving how Supergoop almost tricks you into using SPF with theiir innovative texxtures and fun formulas? Did you also know that Holly Thaggard, the brand founder, is working to get SPF into public school to protect kids on playgrounds? So Cool!SUMMER SPF!SUMMER SPF!

Re: Sunscreen 2018 Holy Grails

@JeffreyBD

@PenelopeBT

A lot of the sunscreens that Sephora US carries aren't available to us in Canada due to different regulations. I agree with @bakeamuffin

Super Goop sounds great. I like her use DRUNK ELEPHANT - Umbra™ Sheer Physical Daily Defense Broad Spectrum Sunscreen SPF 30

I love all DE products. Having survived cancer once, I have zero desire to do anything to put myself in harms way intentionally. 

@JeffreyBD I love the Unseen Sunscreen from Supergoop.  I also love the Tatcha Pore Perfecting Sunscreen and Coola Sun Silk Drops.

@JeffreyBD I wish we had Super Goop in Canada, it sounds amazing! I use DRUNK ELEPHANT - Umbra™ Sheer Physical Daily Defense Broad Spectrum Sunscreen SPF 30. It has SPF 30 and is moisturizing enough for me not to need a moisturizer under it. I have also really been enjoying COOLA Organic Makeup Setting Spray SPF 30 1.5 oz. It’s a great mist that isn’t too aggressive and does a great job at setting my makeup! I also love how refreshing it feels for my dry skin ☺️ 

Hi @JeffreyBD,

Great post! I tried Supergoop sunscreens and they're really great, light and protect your skin. I'm a skincare addict, so a good lightweight, non-sticky sunscreen is an essential to my everyday skincare routine. These are my current favorites:

1.) Clarins UV PLUS Anti-Pollution Sunscreen Multi-Protection Tint SPF 50 Light in medium has been my go to under makeup for years. It's unbelievably light and is tinted, so it evens out my skin tone on its own. I use this as a primer and I end up using less foundation afterwards because of it.

2.) Peter Thomas Roth Instant Mineral SPF 45  is the perfect on the go sunscreen. It comes in self dispensing brush and the powder formula applies evenly. I use it as a setting powder and to touch up on the go. I also always have this product on my desk.

3.) FARMACY - Green Screen Daily Environmental Protector Broad Spectrum MineralSunscreen SPF 30 with Ech...

I discovered this product in the Sephora Favorites Sun Kit. What I didn't know about this product is that it actually protects your skin from UV rays on electronic devices such as lap tops and cell phones (I didn't even know I needed to wear sunscreen in front of my computer?!). It's easy to apply and lightly moisturizing, so you can double it up and use it as a moisturizer instead.

Stay Gorgeous,

Penelope

I love the Clairins as well! I use the light as my everyday sunscreen and 'foundation'.  I just top it with a bit of concealer where needed. Im currently using a setting spray from Coola with an spa 30 in it as my touch up for my face since I haven't found a great powder sunscreen to use on my face.  The current powder I have I"m using in my hair along my part since I'm not a huge hat gal.

I love this thread.  My mom passed away from melanoma last year and over the last 4 or so years of her life we both became very big advocates for sunscreen.  I try not to be pushy on people, but it really is one of the best 'beauty' things you can do for your skin! 

I've used Clarins UV Plus for YEARS now! It's an all time classic and favorite of mine!

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 18 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
Photos1
  • SUMMER SPF!
testing