Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Sunday Riley and The Oridnary

I'm trying to treat my oily, acne prone skin that also has large pores and blackheads.

I've read that using Salicylic Acid and Niacinamide+ Zinc used together is amazing for treating acne and blemish prone skin.

Just wanted to make sure the Sunday Riley U.F.O. Salicylic Acid BHA Treatment Face Oil 1.18 oz/ 35 mL and The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Oil Control Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL are good to use together.

Thank you!

Re: Sunday Riley and The Oridnary

Hi! I was wondering how do you layer those 2 products? I have them but I don't know how to layer them. On UFO instructions it says to use directly after cleansing, but oils should be applied after serums usually so I'm lost 😵

@jessicabarns cleanser --> niacinamide serum (because its water based) --> Sunday Riley UFO (because its oil based) 

Moisturizer can go before or after your facial oil thats a personal preference  

Thank you! I was a little confused 😅

Sunday Riley and The Oridnary

you should be ok to put those two together, niacinamide and BHA have no negative interactions with each other. I'd test them seperately first just to make sure that neither product is irritating for you. Niacinamide is usually pretty safe but can cause a flush sometimes, the ordinary is a great product to test your skins reaction to that active. The UFO oil has tea tree oil which for can be irritating so just something to be mindful of if you notice any negative changes in your skin. hope that helps!

@meou 

Thank you!  Super excited to buy and try them

Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing