Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Sunday Riley Tidal or CEO or DRUNK ELEPHANT PROTINI

So I purchased all 3, Sunday Riley’s CEO moisturizer, Tidal cream, and DRUNK ELEPHANT PROTINI, and I really love all of them so far. I only have 1 face so it’s ridiculous, IMO, to have all 3. I’m sooo torn about this because they are all a little different. If you could choose 2 of the 3. Which would it be? I use Luna and good genes in my PM routine. I am also testing out CEO serum and OLE Truth serum to see which one works best with my routine. My skin is dry combo and so far it’s been able to tolerate everything I’ve thrown at it. 

RE: Sunday Riley Tidal or CEO or DRUNK ELEPHANT PROTINI

I love the Sunday Riley line. I feel like you have to give it acouple of weeks for it to really let you know if it will work with your skin type. Acouple of months ago, I broke out like crazy before my 32nd birthday. Unfortunately, I wasn’t on top of my skin routine also. I work in the medical field and I work crazy crazy hours, so when I am getting off at 4:00-4:30 AM I wanted to reach for my pillow not my facial scrubs and washes. I had a really bad break out so i started to make sure I was washing my face before going to sleep no matter what time. That is also when I learned about this skin care line. When i get home I can jump back on here and share with you all the names of the products if you like.

Hi @CarolinaSnyder Have you made a final decision about these products? I am trying to decide between Tidal and Protini as my holy grail and I would love to hear your conclusions!

protini is great the tidal doesn't seem to do much

protini is great the tidal doesn't seem to do much

Re: RE: Sunday Riley Tidal or CEO or DRUNK ELEPHANT PROTINI

Okay so it's been a few days where I've been able to try out all three. I like CEO and it moisturizes my skin a lot better than Protini does. It has a strong citrus smell which I actually like so it doesn't bother me. I love the texture of protini but I don't feel that it hydrates my skin enough especially with foundation. Protini glides on your skin and I loved the texture of it! I felt that it sunk into my skin better than CEO. CEO is definitely heavier than Protini and it may be too heavy for day time wear in the summer. I've worn both under makeup and I find that CEO makes me a little bit more *dewy/oily* which is okay because my skin is getting drier now that the weather has changed.

I LOVE tidal. I kept the tidal and it's my night cream right now. It's definitely a water cream and it plays well with my skin. I feel that it hydrates and plumps up my skin really nice. I wake up with a glow - at least I think so! One thing that I have noticed is that my hyperpigmentation on my cheeks are getting fainter. WIN. 

Final thoughts. I kept Tidal and CEO. I soooo wanted to keep Protini but I wore it for a week and I'm not sure if it's what make me break out or if it was my skin trying to get used it but I had to return it.  

Re: Sunday Riley Tidal or CEO or DRUNK ELEPHANT PROTINI

I have protini which I like. The associate suggested tidal because it may he with surface exfoliating. I definitely feel a tingle when using it and feel moisturized. I also have belief’s aqua bomb which I like too. I switch off. I always use DE c in the AM and the pink bottle at night, and use Luna and Juno oils. The two company’s products seem to play well together. 

Sunday Riley Tidal or CEO or DRUNK ELEPHANT PROTINI

I've been using the ceo serum for about 2 months now in the morning under my Ole henriksen c rush moisturizer and I love the difference its made in my skin! I recently started using the truth serum at night and I'm also liking that too!

I’ve used all three as well, and I wasn’t such a fan of the Sunday Riley moisturizers. They kept my skin hydrated well enough but compared to the similarly priced DE protini, I definitely prefer the latter. It keeps my skin supple longer and is thick enough to use as night cream and light enough to double as a moisturizing primer. Oily/combo skin FYI.

Re: Sunday Riley Tidal or CEO or DRUNK ELEPHANT PROTINI

I've been using sunday riley CEO for around 2 months and have really liked it a lot. the instant glow it gives is lovely and the vitamin c hasn't been an issue on my skin at all. Protini is just flat out an amazing moisturizer haha!! 

Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing