Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Sunday Riley Help

I’ve been considering buying Sunday Riley products, but the price tag has me going back and forth a lot. As a new mom I’m seeing much more intense bags under my eyes and duller skin. Is the price tag worth it? Is there something else I should be considering? 

I have dry skin that can sometimes be sensitive. 

Tags:

Re: Sunday Riley Help

I just took the plunge and hauled a bunch of Sunday Riley products. I have combo skin (oily/dry to be exact). And so far so good my skin has never looked better. I picked up Luna, CEO Glow oil and moisturizer, Ceramic Slip, Saturn for spot treatment for acne. I also have Farmacy Honey Halo moisturizer and Honeymoon Glow. I use all on rotation in a AM/PM program and I'm impressed. If you're on the fence and don't want to make a big investment both lines offer smaller sizes (mini kits). As far as the eye cream....I have the same issue as you and in search for something that won't irritate my eyes. On the fence about the two eye products from SR because Auto Correct contains shimmer and the retinol eye cream just sounds like an irritant possibility for me. 

Glow Recipe might be a good brand for you, as it has a similar emphasis on brightening and is lower priced.   Don't be afraid to mix products from different lines, though.  You can always splurge on one or two items and bargain hunt the rest.  A lot of people with dry sensitive skin turn to a very affordable cream from First Aid Beauty, or the drugstore staple CeraVe.

I have heard a lot of people become disenchanted with Sunday Riley.  Apparently the Good Genes acid treatment used to combine both lactic and glycolic acids but turned that into two separate products, both of which are absurdly expensive.  That is a blatant cash grab that many found offensive.  They also got caught paying for VPNs for their employees and instructing them to create multiple user profiles on sites like this one to leave fake positive reviews.

For sensitive skin, the best alpha hydroxy acid to use is actually mandelic acid (its large molecular size keeps it from penetrating as deeply into your skin and causing irritation) and there is no reason to ever buy it from a more expensive brand than The Ordinary, who sells it for under $10.

Wanted to say thanks again! Glow recipe is making my skin so happy 😊

Thank you so much. This was incredibly helpful!

@emilyb224 My two faves are available in a trial size set Sunday Riley Multivitamins 15% Vitamin C + Retinol Mini Set which help with brighten and refresh skin. Luna has been a repeat purchase for me and really helps me. I’m not tied as much to other SR products. 

Thank you!! I was considering the much more expensive set with their complete morning routine. This is much better!

Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 10 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing