Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware

Skincare routine steps

Hi everyone, 

I'm trying to establish a fairly simple but effective skincare routine. My main concern are my dark spots. I have a couple of questions about basic routines.

1. Should I use a toner in the morning and at night? If so then when in the morning?
  2. Can I use more than one serum? Currently I have 3 serums that I want to incorporate into my regimen
  3. Any additional products you recommend and why

Currently my regiment consists of:

1. AM
    • Cleanser
    • Serum
    • Moisturizer
  2. PM
    • Cleanser
    • Toner
    • Serum
    • Moisturizer

I've attached the products I use below and in the best order I could explain

Drunk Elephant Beste™ No. 9 Jelly Cleanser 5 oz/ 150 mL

The Ordinary Ascorbyl Glucoside Solution 12% 1 oz/ 30 mL

The Ordinary Alpha Arbutin 2% + HA Hyperpigmentation Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL

Kiehl's Since 1851 Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Correcting Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL

The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Exfoliating Toner 8 oz/ 240 mL

Origins GinZing™ Ultra-Hydrating Energy-Boosting Cream 1.7 oz/ 50 mL

Re: Skincare routine steps

@farihaha 

generally, you can use a toner whenever, day or night or both. That's up to you. 😉

I am not sure whether the The Ordinary toner is meant to be used twice a day though, maybe that would be too much because it is a chemical exfoliator. It would come after your cleanser, before essences & serums etc.

You sure can use more than one serum, just rotate them - it works well for me so I don't think there should be a problem. Just look which might make more sense during the day & which make more sense to use at night etc. 😉

Maybe add a sunscreen because your are using chemical exfoliators but if your are happy with your routine otherwise & it works for you then stick with it. 😉

You can always add masks etc if you feel like it or need something extra but that is entirely up to you. 😉

@CoffeeWuff thanks so much! this is very helpful

Another question: when you say rotate do you mean don't use a serum twice a day? 

@farihaha 

it honestly depends - I go by what I feel my skin needs most of the time. Sometimes I use the same one twice, sometimes I use one during the day, the other at night & sometimes I use another one the next day etc. You can use the same twice a day if you want, just listen to you skin. 😉

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing