Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare In My 20s

I'm in my early twenties and want to care more about my skin now, but don't know where to start. I struggle with uneven skin tone/dullness as well as blemishes. I have combination skin and am a woman of color. What products are good for me to start with if I want to reduce breakouts, as well as smooth/brighten my skin for a better glow?

Re: Skincare In My 20s

I definitely recommend the brand "Philosophy". Price range is in between but I do believe most of their products are worth every penny. For the winter I do recommend their "Miracle Worker line". I have combination skin so I use the "Ultimate Miracle Worker in the AM (Pink container)" and the Ultimate Miracle Night in the PM (Black Container) all year around. I have been using "Philosophy" brand on and off since I was 16 and I always seem to go back to it.

-Anti wrinkle 

-Uneven skin pigmentation 

-Moisturizing

-SPF

-Reduces breakouts 

tpayne95 wrote:

I'm in my early twenties and want to care more about my skin now, but don't know where to start. I struggle with uneven skin tone/dullness as well as blemishes. I have combination skin and am a woman of color. What products are good for me to start with if I want to reduce breakouts, as well as smooth/brighten my skin for a better glow?

Re: Skincare In My 20s

Hi. It's great you are starting now in your 20s. I only got serious about it in my 30s and wish I took better care of my skin sooner. :-). I think you should go with products that are light and hydrating since you are combination skin and also don't need very heavy anti-aging stuff. Maybe look into the belif products? Or have you seen PrimaryRaw DoYou? I am a big fan of these asian skin care brands. So the routine could be cleanser-toner-essence or serum-cream. Start by making sure you use really good gentle cleanser. I like belif cleanser. If you wear foundation and other heavy make up, do cleansing water (like DrJart+) before the cleanser. Then you can soak soft cotton pad with lots of gentle toner to wipe your skin. Apply essence or serum, lightly patting all over your face. Finish with something very light like belif aqua bomb. Think about doing a bit more deep cleansing, once or twice a week. Like clay mask (I like Fresh or Dior), scrub or enzyme peel (I like AmorePacific). Also doing hydrating sheet masks once or twice a week is great. 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing