Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware

Skincare Help!

I decided to do a skin type test, I washed my face and let it dry without putting anything on it for three or four hours. It felt comfortable and not greasy and looked only slightly greasy.i dont know my skin type, but it didnt look super oily like it normally does with moisturizer and or makeup. The blotting tissues I used had very little oil on them, mainly the oil was around the nose area and pretty okay everywhere else. I do get flaky patches around my nose and chin area from time to time though. I am wanting to try Lancome protect your skin or Laniege trial hydration kit, something that is kit, all from one brand. If anyone can help me with my skin type and recommendations about skincare, that would be great! My dad's skin is oily and my mother's is dry or doesnt produce much oil or look shiny at all but doesnt look dry either. Same with other family members from both sides. 

Re: Skincare Help!

Spoiler
Although I'm not a professional, it sounds like we both have about the same skin type! I consider myself to have combination skin. With combo skin, I have periods of time where my skin is either oily/combo or dry/combo which usually depends on the season, so during the summer I'm more oily, but come winter and I'm dry. Sometimes depending on what skincare products you use that could create dry spots in certain areas, so just be aware of that, and always put on moisturizer even if your skin feels oily.  I hope this helps somewhat!
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing