Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skin Reaction

About 2 or 3 weeks ago I used Pacifica Cosmic Renew AHA & Hemp Resurfacing Tonic and my skin broke out in slightly red but mostly flesh toned small bumbs that were dry and rough. They faded while I gave my skin a break and only used an Avene creme for sensitive skin. Then, I bought Sunday Riley ICE and used it as directed. My skin was great!!!! I thought it was long enough so I worked back in the pixi hydrating mlky serum in the morning  and the pixi collagen and retinol serum at night. I went back to just ICE the next day because I forgot to add the serums and within a day or two, my skin looks like the pictures. I'm now finding out that many people have had bad reactions to Sunday Riley so I'm wondering if that could be the issue? Or do you think my skin barrier was damaged by the initial Pacifica reaction and now is just irritated by either the new product (ICE) or the retinol (which I use all the time)? I'm just worried because several similar posts I've seen around a few different sites said that they had the bumps for months until they took steroids. If you think I don't need to see my derm- should I just not put anything at all on my skin? Or a simple moisturizer I have used in the past? For reference, I've never had a reaction to anything in the past, I've used cerave ceramide creams and washes before, I usually have oily skin but I take spironolactone for acne so it's not oily anymore. My skin has been a little dry because of the cold weather so I bought ICE as it's thicker than the Neutrogena gel creams I had just run out of and I wanted one without fragrance. Screen Shot 2020-12-09 at 12.53.50 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2020-12-09 at 12.53.25 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2020-12-09 at 12.53.17 PM.jpg 

Re: Skin Reaction

How did you end up healing these bumps? I'm having the same reaction to other Sunday Riley products, and usually never have a reaction like this to skincare...small skin color bumps all over my face.

Sunday Riley Eye cream did not work for me even though its a highly rated popular product. It may be that the formulations of everything you are using do not work well together. Plus for sure you have sensitive skin. A dermatologist can help you with your routine. My experience with skincare is the fewer and simpler products the better. You have lovely skin and do not need harsh ingredients from what I can tell from your photos. 

Hi I hope you are feeling better. I think you should see your derm and also just use gentle products like cerave or cetaphil and no actives for a little while. 

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
Photos3
  • Screen Shot 2020-12-09 at 12.53.50 PM.jpg
  • Screen Shot 2020-12-09 at 12.53.17 PM.jpg
  • Screen Shot 2020-12-09 at 12.53.25 PM.jpg
testing