Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Sensitive skin beware

Has anybody broken out in hives/dry itchy red patches on corner of mouth from the Ole Henriksen foaming cleanser? I am in pain!! Dried my skin out sooo bad after 2 uses and my flare up hasn’t gone away. Cures?

Re: Sensitive skin beware

I once took an Ole Henriksen face cream (mini) with me on a trip - you know, minis are easy to travel with. WORST. MISTAKE. EVER. My face had red itchy patches all over and took almost two weeks to completely go away. I basically stopped using most of my skin care, save for a very simple moisturizer. I couldn't use most of my products anyways, and ended up buying Aveeno baby lotion (or something like that) because that was all my skin could tolerate. It eventually went away. 

So, I haven't touch another Ole Henrikson product ever since. It could have just been that one face cream, but that was such an awful experience, plus, there are so many products out there...why go back to a brand that didn't work out for me in such a spectacular way?

Same happened to me with the Banana Bright Vitamin C Serum. Terrible. My whole face broke out in a rash & it burned so badly. Took over a week to heal.

I posted above, but meant to reply to you.  I had the same thing happen.  Burns all over my face and eyes and my eyelids were swollen shut!!

Sensitive skin beware

Haven't used the truth cleanser, but personally have found OleHenriksen products too strong for my face as well. The Banana Eye Bright Cream is fine, but the Truth Serum and the C-Rush Brightening Gel both sting. It may be the Vit C. I end up using them on my chest and the OH Balance Cleanser on my body.

@megannmorrison The clean truth? OLEHENRIKSEN - The Clean Truth™ Foaming Cleanser

Do you have a citrus allergy? Sounds like an allergy. Zyrtec for hives. Cool compress. Basic products for now, to baby it.

RE: Re: Sensitive skin beware

No I’ve never reacted to anything citrus! So weird. Thanks for the tips. 😕♥️

Re: RE: Re: Sensitive skin beware

The allergy could be just due to the fragrance! I was obsessed with ole henrikson products & bought nearly the entire line. skin looked amazing but after a month or so of use, i ended up with eczema like hives all over my face which took weeks to get rid of, even after discontinuing use of products. However, as i’ve slowly incorporated products back in, it is my reactions were limited to ole products with fragrance. reactions to fragrance can take time to show up too

Anonymous Insider

Re: RE: Re: Sensitive skin beware

I guess this is what is happening to me. My skin first appeared to look magnificent after the first 3 weeks of use. The last two weeks I started getting patchy red raised bumps and they started to hurt. I thought it was dry skin so I used more moisturizer but after reading this forum, I believe it is a reaction to the fragrance in the products. Loved the smell and loved the way my skin looked in the beginning. But the current state my face is in is noticeable unattractive and rough looking! 

Conversation Stats
testing