Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Sensitive skin beware

Has anybody broken out in hives/dry itchy red patches on corner of mouth from the Ole Henriksen foaming cleanser? I am in pain!! Dried my skin out sooo bad after 2 uses and my flare up hasn’t gone away. Cures?

Re: Sensitive skin beware

No

Yes! My skin rarely even gets a pimple and all of a sudden Im getting rashes on my eyelids, lips and nose.. went to the dermatologist and they said its eczema! Never had that in my life! The only thing ive changed was the ole henrisken face wash. I shouldve just stuck with my ole faithful neutrogena. No point of having glowing skin with rashes lol 

Literally crying rn because I thought it was just my baby face that couldn’t take it. So literally EVERY Ole H product I’ve tried, banana bright eye, the serum, the truth serum, the night serum and the night sheer transformation gel have made my face go red, in pain and gave me a rash under my eye. I’m not new to skin care so I know what to mix and not mix but I’m in so much pain. I kept trying the products thinking maybe the vitamin c concentration or the AHAs were doing it but I’m thinking maybe the fragrance? Idk but it hurts so bad, I’m returning everything and never betraying kiehls again just because there’s a sale for “good” skincare. 

I'm sorry the OH brand doesn't work out for you, @MAPGarcia. My skin is like that with everything I've tried from Origins and Mizon (K-beauty brand). It doesn't seem to matter what the product is, even with ingredients that I don't usually have issues with, my skin is just not a fan of either of those two! It must just be something about the particular formulations from those brands that don't agree with our skin. I'm glad to hear that Kiehls works out well for you though. 

Switch over to the first aid beauty cleanser it’s seriously one of the best and it’s clean and it does an amazing job at getting all dirt and makeup off your skin and good for sensitive skin. I would even go as far as adding on their moisturizer to deal with the dryness 

YES!!! I usually use Kiehls Vitamin C serum, but wanted to try something to Ole Hendrickson to see if it was more powerful (not sure what type of magic I was expecting). The day after I used it, my face broke out in itchy, painful scaly rash. I thought it something I ate as I'm sensitive to some foods. I discontinued all my skincare products except Cereve moisturizer for 10 days until it cleared up and avoided the foods that sometimes trigger skin rashes for me. I didn't even think about it being the serum because I ave always used a vitamin c serum. I used it again and had a same issue. Now I'm kicking myself for not realizing that was the cause as I'm sitting here with burning red patches on my face again. The Cereve moisturizer is a total blessing because it is so gentle and soothing. I'm going back to my Kiehls. 

I had same allergic skin reaction to OleHenrikson C Rush Brightening Gel Creme, my skin was itchy around my eyes, my neck and very red! This product needs to get off your shelves, I want my money back!

I would recommend looking at other, more gentle brands, as Ole Hendrikson has very stripping, irritating formulas, which may be why you, and most other people, had skin reactions. It's sort of impossible to be able to tell from which ingredient, since there are so many irritating ones. Kiehls is also slightly irritating, so maybe go for a more gentle brand 🙂

I used the Banana Bright Vitamin C Serum yesterday and woke up with my eyelids completely swollen shut and burns all over my face, under my eyebrows and at the corners of my eyes.  I wouldn't even say that I have sensitive skin.  Be careful!!! 

Im sitting here right now with both my eyes completely swollen almost shut this is the third time it's happened and now I know for sure it's the #olehenriksen banana bright serum - the first time it happened I thought it was something environmental, the second time I suspected it could have been the serum as it was new, and yesterday I tried it again as it had been months - and for sure, same thing happened. I use a lot of other ole henriksen products that are just fine, but this one seems to destroy my face

I just tried this for the first time on Wednesday.  Did a patch test on Tuesday and it was fine.  By Thursday my face was swollen, red and burned, eyes almost swollen shut.  Today is Saturday and I am still dealing with it - blistered and red skin....must be too strong for me?  I don't have sensitive skin and have never had an issue with Vitamin C Serums, or PHA's in the past.  Nor have had any issues with other Ole products.   

I got two huge red rashes on both of my check from using the Banana bright vitamin C serum and they don’t seem to go away. They are itch and painful and I’m not sure what to do about them. 😞

Same happend to me with the banana bright vitamin c serum. Terrible. My whole face broke out in a rash & it burned so badly. Took over a week to heal.

I’m VERY sensitive to Vitamin C and my face is completely okay with OLEHENRIKSEN - The Clean Truth™ Foaming Cleanser. Everyone has different chemistry and will react differently with products. 

I didn't think of myself as having sensitive skin but I recently started using the products and they gave me eczema like reactions (large, dry, red and itchy patches) all over my face and even on my lips and the eye cream gave me hives/rashes on my eye lids. Went to the doctor and she said I am allergic to the products. The doctor recommended I use a hypoallergenic face wash and moisturizer so I'm wont be using any of my skincare products for a while and throwing away the Ole products.

I my God, i ve been using the C serum and the eye cream for some months now and it didn't occur to me that my eye rashes and eczema may be caused by those! Patches below my eyebrow, swallen lids...I don't have sensitive skin so i didn't combine it! I stopped for a couple of days now and i already feel better. Also the night cream with AHA made me brake out and I thought i used too much!

I usually don't have sensitive skin either but after a couple of months of using the Ole banana bright eye cream, woke up with eczema patches around my eyes. They're not going away !! 

I had the same thing happen! I was using the banana bright eye cream for about a week, and it’s giving me the start of an eczema flare-up. 
I have very sensitive skin, but I know that I’ve heard a lot of skincare experts say that Vit. C is very tricky. 
In the future, I’m going to try SkinFix Barrier+ Triple Lipid Boost 360 Eye cream. I’ve heard it works well with sensitive skin and makes a huge difference with dark circles. 

Anonymous Insider

I have been using the c rushing brightening cream and for over a month and recently I noticed I was getting dry patches around my eyes. They started to spread. I quit using it and they went away.

I typically use Caudaulie and Philosopy Purity, or Youth to The People Cleanser. Thought I would try the Vit. C line and the TruthSerum broke me out my whole face inflamed omg Never Never again. The eye cream seemed ok but I;m stopping that immediately as well. I guess I now can consider my skin sensitive. I never had a problem with my other products!

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
testing