cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|
Anonymous Insider

Sensitive eyes

Hi Everyone.  I am new to the Sephora Community Forums, so I just thought I'd say Hi.

I have had trouble with mascara for a number of years but not with eyeshadow.  When it comes to mascara, I can't use brands like Chanel, Charlotte Tilbury, Dior, Lancôme, Givenchy, YSL because they irritate my eyes.  Within hours of application, my eyes sting. So much so that I can't see what I'm doing (and in some cases where I'm going) and have to go to the nearest restroom and remove it using facial wipes that I carry around with me for that reason.  Recommendations would be very welcome. 

Re: Sensitive eyes

@Anonymous Someone recommended Blinc and I agree. A tubing mascara could be the answer to your problem. It has no fibers to bother your eyes and it removes easily and gently. No special removers needed. Another bonus?  It won’t smudge or smear because it doesn’t react to oils. It’s even water resistant. Blinc is one brand. There’s also Kevyn Aucoin Curling mascara as well as Trish McEvoy Curling Mascara. Those two build volume better than Blinc does. Clinique Lash Power is another tubing mascara that’s highly regarded and carried by Sephora, but I don’t have personal experience with it. 

Re: Sensitive eyes

Hi, I also have very sensitive eyes.  Eyeshadow and creams tend to be more problematic for me than mascara, but I feel your pain - literally!  

I use cover girl lash blast volume.  Yes, the cheap orange tube from the drugstore.  Luckily, if it does give you trouble, at least you didn't spend a lot.

@VictoriaR1 Have you ever tried Blinc? It's sold at Sepho...

@Anonymous Have you ever tried Blinc? It's sold at Sephora. I first learned about it 15 years ago when I was going through a similar experience where everything I put near/on my eyes would irritate them *including make up remover*. Blinc Mascara forms tiny tubes around each individual lash. The formula won't flake, is water resistant and smudgeproof. To remove you use warm water and saturate your lashes and the tiny tubes slide right off.

Hi! welcome. Many people find Clinique to work well for s...

Hi! welcome. Many people find Clinique to work well for sensitive skin. perhaps trying a Mascara by them? they are usually pretty conscious about making compatible products. Good luck!
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing