Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware

SKin care help!!!

Skin care help please!! So I want to focus more on my skincare routine and this is what I am planning on doing cleanse with fresh cleanser, then exfoliate with Pixi Glow tonic , followed by Thayers witch hazel , and this is where I need help, should I look for a mist/essence and then serum then moisturizer or  what do you recommend? I am 22 years old , have normal skin and sometimes dehydrated skin and do get breakouts but its not more than a few spots, I think I have visible pores and dark under eye circles and a bit of redness sometime on different spots on my face, another concern is i feel like myskin is very dull in some instance I am also currently using Ole Henriksen Sheer transforming moisturizer and eye cream

Re: SKin care help!!!

You don't need both the Pixi and Thayers in the same routine as they are both toners. I would use one in the a.m. and one in the p.m. Also, I love Glow Tonic but it's a very very gentle in its exfoliating properties, so you may want to consider an actual exfoliating product for your skin. You don't to have an essence or mist so I'd wait to get the rest of your routine down before adding that in. 

But after toner is where you'd add in a serum and follow that with moisturizer. Vitamin C serums are great for helping with dullness or you could go with something more for hydration, like Goodal's Waterest Lasting Water Oil (which is not an oil). If you're happy with the OH moisturizer, stick with that! Sheer Transformation is a great product. Also, don't forget sunscreen in the mornings. 😊

Re: SKin care help!!!

Thank you very much for the reply! what would you suggest for an actual exfoliating product? and about the serum I am unsure about the serum because I want an all in one if possible you know? is there any you recommend ? I tried a sample of kiehls midnight and felt it was more hydrating and that it

@qusporkwrote:

You don't need both the Pixi and Thayers in the same routine as they are both toners. I would use one in the a.m. and one in the p.m. Also, I love Glow Tonic but it's a very very gentle in its exfoliating properties, so you may want to consider an actual exfoliating product for your skin. You don't to have an essence or mist so I'd wait to get the rest of your routine down before adding that in. 

But after toner is where you'd add in a serum and follow that with moisturizer. Vitamin C serums are great for helping with dullness or you could go with something more for hydration, like Goodal's Waterest Lasting Water Oil (which is not an oil). If you're happy with the OH moisturizer, stick with that! Sheer Transformation is a great product. Also, don't forget sunscreen in the mornings. 😊

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing