Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Primers & ? That Roll Off

Have you had this happen? I put on the barest layer of primer (it happens with a couple of different primers, too) & some foundations, CC or BB tinted moisturizers, & while I blend it starts pilling!!  It’s not just gel-types either. Happens whether I apply with  fingers or a foundation brush. I exfoliate, beforehand, etc. Why is this?

Re: Primers & ? That Roll Off

@ontoward  - Agree with @quspork . I find that one of 3 things - or a combination of them - make products pill -

1. I am using the wrong products for my skin type

2. I am using products that don't work well together

3. I am not allowing products enough time to "dry down" or absorb, prior to adding another product

it actually took me a while, and a lot of trial and error to figure out what works for me, what I can layer together, and how long it takes for the products I use to "set".

Yes... it just gets very expensive trying to find the right products that work together, as it seems to be trial and error. Happy to hear it’s not just me, though, that this happens to!

@ontoward  - True. But this is where it really pays to take advantage of samples, beauty offers, and the like. Take advantage of the Sephora beauty deals,  where applicable (e.g. They've had 7 day challenges with Ole Henriksen and Kiehl's). Sign up for ULTA Rewards, if you haven't already; ULTA does a lot of promos and GWP's. Check the Deals too good to pass up on threads on Sephora Community. While that doesn't help with the time/trial-and-error, at least it can help reduce some of the cost.

@ontoward Yeah, unfortunately it is just a bit of trial and error to find the right combo that plays well together. Maybe you could try adjusting a little wait time between your layers and see if that helps before switching to a new product. Hopefully you'll find the right products and technique that works for you!

@ontoward That usually happens to me when I combine certain ingredients, so silicones in the primer but a silicone-free, water-based foundation for instance. I usually wait a couple of minutes after applying primer to help minimize the pilling. 

I give it at least 5 minutes for primer to dry, and only put it on lightly. Might have to revert to no primer at all.

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing