cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Post acne marks

Hi there! Really need your help!!!
What’s the best product to get rid of or at least lighten post acne marks? I’m currently using Kiehl's Since 1851 Mini Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Correcting Serum 0.5 oz/ 15 mL it’s been maybe a couple of weeks I’m not seeing any results yet, but I will continue to apply it on my dark spots. Just seeing if anyone has any feedback on this product or has any good product suggestions. Thanks �

Re: Post acne marks

Hi @DashaNY !  You'll likely need more than 2 weeks to see results. If your skin's not reacting badly to that product, give it another 2-3 weeks and then reassess your progress. 

If you want to switch to something else, or add another product, here are 2 great ingredients for fading PIH (post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation, aka dark marks left behind by acne): 

Your replies are awesome and very informative!!! Thank you for providing great tips to everyone asking!!! 

Aw, thanks @HeavenlyGoddess ! 🙂 

Hi! It’s not specifically for acne marks but I found Shani Darden Skin Care Retinol Reform® to really even out my skin tone. I had uneven skin and this nightly cream color corrected patchy and discolored skin areas. Check it out, highly recommend 🙂 

Prescription retin-A is the only thing that works for me, it pretty much completely gets rid of my acne scars after accutane 

An over the counter product needs about 3 months to see its full effects. But based on the ingredients list there isn't a ton of beneficial ingredients to fade scarring. The denatured alcohol in that product is pretty high up on the list which is worrying to me in a product and the vitamin C derivative is a few ingredients lower than that. There is also quite a bit of fragrant oils which isn't great either. I personally would not be surprised that this product isn't proving to be very effective for you. A cheaper product with a better vitamin C concentration and lack of bad ingredients might be better to try if you don't want to get a prescription, something like The Inkey List even would be better to try. 

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing