Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Philosophy Purity Made Simple

Any opinions on this face cleanser?

Re: Philosophy Purity Made Simple

I used to like it but found overtime it started to dry me out. I've switched to oil based cleansers and my skin feels much better. 

Agreed. It was my first non drugstore cleanser, and I used to really love it. I think I just found things that worked better for me eventually 

I really like this cleanser, it gives a good 'squeaky clean' and is much less expensive than my other go-to, which was soy face cleanser from fresh.  I do feel the need to moisturize right after using it, however.  It makes my skin feel a bit thirsty, but very clean.

favorite face cleanser of all time!!! I use it twice a da...

favorite face cleanser of all time!!! I use it twice a day - once at night to remove my makeup and once in the morning to freshen the face before applying makeup. I love that it's moisturizing and sensitive to my sensitive skin type lol. I also love that it does such a fantastic job at removing makeup - even my waterproof Mascara!

I always loved Philosophy and Purity was my go to daily cleanser because it is really mild and I have uber sensitive skin. I stopped using it only because Philosophy's policies are a little too vague as far as animal testing goes for me. I opted for a more well established cruelty free brand. 

RE: Philosophy Purity Made Simple

I actually hate this cleanser and actually returned it. It felt like it left a film on my face and it seemed like I could feel it for hours after.

RE: Philosophy Purity Made Simple

I love it. I've tried several others but I always end up going back to Purity. If I have on a full face of makeup, I use a cleansing balm first, then Purity with either a clarisonic or a konjic (sp?) sponge. Otherwise, Purity alone is enough to wash excess oil and dirt off. It's never irritated my skin and my skin is somewhat sensitive. I started using it after pregnancy and my hormones made my skin all wonky, and stayed with it since (7 years).
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 11 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing