Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

PLEASE HELP SKIN TEXTURE!

Hey y’all! I’m currently using cerave foaming cleanser and cetaphil moisturizer and I just stopped using the ordinary nicinimide. What can help with my skin texture?? I want smoothhh skin please! I just ordered the inkey list salyclilc acid cleanser and I’m going to order the ordinary glycolic acid toner. I have uneven skin tone and texture so maybe these will help. Do you think I should use these products or do you have any recommendations?  952A60CD-C782-4192-A121-D444399C168F.jpeg

98B712D6-91A2-4F51-BB7D-1793A045BDC9.jpeg

Re: PLEASE HELP SKIN TEXTURE!

@umniyah It looks like you're getting ready to add in some chemical exfoliation so that should help. I'd recommend starting with BHA/salicylic acid since it looks like some of your texture may be clogged pores. I think you've mentioned both the Inkey List SA cleanser and the Paula's Choice BHA in other replies. I would recommend picking one of those (personally, I'd go with the PC since it's a leave-on product) and introducing it by using it two or three times a week. I would not use both of those together and I'd hold off on the lactic acid for a bit until you've tried out the BHA. Also, are you using sunscreen? With actives, it's important to make sure you're adequately protected. 

Yes!! I use sunscreen every single day even if there’s no sun! I’m currently using the inis free sunscreen on the Sephora website! I’m actually thinking of slowly incorporating paulas choice BHA and not using the inkey list until I see how it works out for me! Thank you so much!

I recently just started using the Dermalogica daily exfoliant and I am in love!! This product has worked so well for helping my skin texture - especially on my forehead.  For me, it took about three days to start seeing some improvements and by day 7 the improvement were very visible.  

@umniyah chemical exfoliation is the way to go. I suggest some form of aha. I love the Farmacy Honeymoon Glow.

I just ordered Paulas Choice 2% BHA, Would that not work or would it have to be AHA?

I think those are great choices. Chemical exfoliants are going to be the way to go. You have beautiful skin! 

Thank you so much for replying! Ill definitely do my research before using them as well!

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
Photos2
  • 952A60CD-C782-4192-A121-D444399C168F.jpeg
  • 98B712D6-91A2-4F51-BB7D-1793A045BDC9.jpeg
testing