Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Oily Skin

I need advice about oily skin. Whenever i wear makeup it’s almost as if my makeup melts away due to the amount of oil my skin produces. just a tiny touch on my face will erase any makeup i applied. what products help reduce my oil production? what do i need to do to make my makeup last and stay matte? how do i prevent creasing on my smile lines when i wear makeup? 

Re: Oily Skin

@elyssiaxguado A good skincare routine can really help keep the oil in check. What products are you currently using for that?

@elyssiaxguado in addition, to the great recommendations below, I will also suggest to hydrate hydrate hydrate your skin, drinking lots of water will help your oil production, I know it's hard to stay consistent with water, but it will help so much

Hi! I have super oily skin and i’ve learned that a super simple base really helps keep my makeup on. I always use Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow PHA + BHA Pore-Tight Toner 5.07 oz/ 150 mL , The INKEY List Niacinamide Oil Control Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL , and a small amount of The Ordinary Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA 3.3 oz/ 100 mL and my makeup usually stays all day! I also use a really good setting powder in my T zone, i recommend Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish Setting Powder if you want a higher end one. Make sure to press it in good with a sponge! Also try a mattefying primer and see if that helps. I just ordered the MILK MAKEUP Pore Eclipse Mattifying + Blurring Makeup Primer with Niacinamide Translucent so i’m not sure if it’s good yet but i’ve heard good things. I also set with MILK MAKEUP Hydro Grip Dewy Long-Lasting Setting Spray With Hyaluronic Acid + Niacinamide 3.38 oz / ... and my makeup doesn’t budge. Hope this helps!

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing