cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|
Anonymous Insider

Niacinamide and Nivea creme

Hi so I recently bought The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% and Zinc %1. I use in my morning and night routine. I used an AHA + BHA toner first and then proceed to apply TO niacinamide serum. Before adding my moisturizer which is Nivea creme, I waited a good 5 minutes just to be sure its okay to jump to next step. When I applied the creme moisturizer, the once thick Nivea creme turned smooth and almost watery and it looked as if the creme is breaking apart. 

so here are my questions which I hopefully pray that you beauty gods can respond to and enlighten me.

1. Should I use that kind of toner (AHA + BHA Miracle toner of Some By Mi) alongside with TO Niacinamide serum?

2. Should I keep using my Nivea Creme moisturizer on top of my TO Niacinamide serum? Is it safe?

It would really warm my heart if someone kind answered because I really have no one to talk to about this. I have no dermatologist, Estheticians or skin care guru that I can ask or help me with. Again, thank you

The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Oil Control Serum 2 oz/ 60 mL 

Re: Niacinamide and Nivea creme

Hi @Anonymous I've got some ideas...

1.  Personally I wouldn't use the Some by Mi daily (its just a lot of chemical exfoliation for your skin, I'd use it 2-3x a week) but you definitely CAN use it with niacinamide
  2. There shouldn't be anything bad happening with your products and they should be used together, the Ordinary Niacinamide has a bad habit of pilling for some people so I don't doubt that it might just be a similar issue. If you aren't finding your skin is reacting poorly I wouldn't worry too much about it

How long have you had your nivea creme for? Is it possible that it has expired or has been open for too long? There should be a POA # on the container (it should look something like the below) that will let you know how long the product is good for once its been opened. 

POA Symbol.JPG

Anonymous Insider

Hi @meou , your reply is really helpful! I’ll try to keep the idea of using the toner only 2-3 times a week in mind. I guess I have to update my skin care regimen! For the Nivea creme, I just bought it a month ago however I think I may have left it open a few times when I was in a hurry. 
Again, thank you so much for you help! ❤️

@Anonymous leaving it open shouldn't make a huge difference (at least I hope not! I leave mine out for hours sometimes lol) 

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
Photos1
  • POA Symbol.JPG
testing