Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware

New favourite SPF?

Are there any new SPFs you’ve recently tried and loved? I always struggle to find a good hydrating spf that won’t leave the skin matte. 

Re: New favourite SPF?

Thank you!! I think I may try supergoop 😊

Thank you! That’s the current one I’m using 😋

@raincloud95  I recently tried Saie Sunvisor Radiant Moisturizing Face Sunscreen SPF 35 1.35 oz/ 40 mL , a tinted mineral sunscreen that contains grape seed and argan oils, plus jojoba, glycerin, and 2 forms of hyaluronic acid. My mostly-dry combo skin likes it a lot, and the tint works surprisingly well on my deeper skin tone. It has a radiant glowy finish. 

If you're in the US: for even more glow, consider a CoTZ sunscreen. CoTZ only makes mineral sunscreens. Some are tinted, others have an invisible finish. Their Sensitive sunscreen looks borderline greasy on me, so I dust a setting powder, powder foundation, or powder sunscreen over it to tone down the shine. CoTZ is available at Ulta, or you can order direct from the brand. (Eh, they might be available at retailers outside the US.) 

I also like 2 Japanese sunscreens: 

• OMI Verdio UV Moisture Essence SPF 50 PA++++, a chemical sunscreen that uses some newer UVA blockers not available in the US. Makes my skin more glowy than Saie Sunvisor, but I never feel the need to powder down the shine. I can comfortably reapply this throughout the day without feeling slathered in grease. 

• Canmake Mermaid Skin Gel UV SPF 50 PA++++ (clear version), a hybrid (chemical + mineral) sunscreen that also uses some of those newer UVA blockers. Easily blends out to an invisible finish. Makes my face VERY dewy. If you want that glass skin look, this sunscreen will do it! 

@WinglessOne I keep meaning to try out the Verdio!  I think the 'new to me' one I bought in my last order (yet to arrive) was the Etude House Sunprise.  I'm adding the Verdio to my cart now! 

@missjeanie  I hope you like it! I still haven't used the Gel version of the Verdio sunscreen enough yet to form an opinion of it, but I do enjoy the Essence version. The Gel is strangely thinner than the Essence and looks like a milk; it threw me off when I first tried it, since I expected a texture closer to Supergoop Unseen Sunscreen. 😂 

I also hope you like the Etude House sunscreen! I never tried it because it used to contain several bad-for-me essential oils. But I hear it's been reformulated, so I should take a look again. 

@WinglessOne I want to say the Etude House SPF that I ordered did have a few different extracts in it.  I ended up adding both the SPF's that you recommended to my cart.  I'm always kind of surprised at SPF's from overseas when I see the name versus the texture.  There are a lot of essences and milks and gels that to me are lotions.  I look forward to trying out some new ones in my next order now!

Not a Sephora brand @raincloud95 but my current favourite is the Skin Aqua Tone Up UV Essence SPF 50.  From the Sephora selections I really like the Josie Maran Argan Daily Moisturizer Tinted SPF 47 Protect + Perfect The Argan oil in the JM is wonderful for dry skin. 

Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 15 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing