cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Need a new skincare routine

image.jpg

Need a full set of new skincare products. I do not wear makeup. My skin is not dry and not oily. My skin is sensitive. Hormonal scaring around chin area and the patches of redish bumps on cheeks id like to clear up. 

Currently using: 

La Roche Posay sensitive cleanser cream 

La Roche Posay - Physiological Ultra-fine Scrub (twice a week) 

Vichy mineral 89- 72 hour moisture boosting cream

Re: Need a new skincare routine

@CynthieLu Thank you! Are you able to recommend a cleanser, toner, and moisturizer? 

Hi @pa187 before I give any recommendations i would love to hear some more information.

How long have you been using this routine and what isn't working for you with it? 

Have you ever seen a doctor or a dermatologist for about concerns or that redness you mentioned, when did it start or you first notice it?

No one here is a doctor, or can replace the care or instructions from your own family doctor, dermatologist or professional. 🩵

Hi @CynthieLu! thank you for your reply 

I have been using the products I mentioned for about 6 months. To be honest I am the worst at keeping a skin care routine and probably only used them 1-2 times a week. 

I’ve had the red spots for probably 10 years. I’ve never seen a doctor or dermatologist for the redness as the wait lists are so long. I get a facial usually once a year and I’ve always been told how great my skin is and that the redness on cheeks isn’t something serious if that makes sense? 

In the past I’ve used the Dermalogica line, Alumier, Cetaphil, Glow Recipe, Drunk elephant. 

I just discovered this online community so I thought it would be a great place to come and ask questions before I go into store and try to find new products as the ones I’ve been using are almost finished. 

I hope you do find the opportunity to get a diagnosis or some answers for your skin from a professional @pa187

I have redness and I can say what has worked for me,

Redness for my skin, is usually when my skin barrier is damaged by something I did ( like trying too powerful an active or reaction to an ingredient in my skincare amount other things, dry weather often gets me red. Etc...) 

You could try something like adding Ceramides to your skincare routine, if your redness is due to a skin barrier issue. 

This serum would be after washing, before Moisturizer. 

The Ordinary Soothing & Barrier Support Serum 1 oz / 30 ml

But it takes weeks of consistency ( using them daily or twice daily) to really see results. Doing your skincare routine at night before you get to sleepy is helpful for me. That way I don't skip it.

Personally I would skip any scrubs while I had a red flare up, or at least not on that area of my face. No heavy actives until I'm in the clear.

Another nice Ceramide serum is

Glow Recipe Avocado Soothing Skin Barrier Serum with Ceramides 1 oz/ 30 mL 

(Elizabeth Arden also had these fantastic Ceramides capsules my skin used to *loooove* and this Ceramide serum called SuperStar I used them twice a day morning and night but they were expensive)

I'm not saying purchase these things, what works for me might not work for you, but if you can get your hands on some samples they might be helpful. 💜

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
Photos1
  • image.jpg
testing