Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Need Advice- Sensitive Skin Not Healing!

Desperate for product advice!

I’m dealing with perioral dermatitis and am on 2 months of antibiotics. 
The issue I’m having is my skin WONT heal. I have scabs from the rash around my mouth that are still painful and bright red from weeks ago!

I tried doing the “soap only” thing as advised by my dermatologist, but I swear it’s making my skin worse. It’s so painful! 
At this point I think my skin needs a good product, it’s so dry and miserable! I’m willing to try anything. Does anyone have a good recommendation??

Re: Need Advice- Sensitive Skin Not Healing!

I have suffered from this most of my life. One of the hardest things bc everything triggers it, and it makes beauty products not fun. Did you know fluoride is a big trigger?? And is in all tap water, try keeping some fluoride free water in your bathroom for cleansing your face and brushing your teeth with fluoride free toothpaste.

Have you tried la Roche posay? I had a really bad flare once, I had to use a prescription cortisone cream, my skin was red, itchy, peeling and it felt very uncomfortable, I used their milk cleanser and the toilerane moisturizer just til my skin got better and within days I was able to use other products ! My was looking good and healthy again, got compliments on it 

The #first aid beauty ultra repair cream is really great for dry skin. I don’t know if it will help with healing or if it good to put it on open cuts, but it is a great formula for moisturizing dry skin/eczema.

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing