Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Meet and Hang at Beverly HIlls with Alo Yoga, Biossance and Jenn Im

I had the privilege to attend an LA @Biossance event in Beverly Hills, thanks to the lovely #TeamBIC! @TeamBIC. It was a fun event talking about skincare and getting to know Biossance's beginning and chatting with Fashion Blogger Jenn Im. I wasnt really familiar with who she was but she made an incredible, awesome first impression!. More on that later!
20190223_154303.jpg20190223_142518.jpg
Before the Event started:
I have to say, it couldnt have been a more perfect day to have this event.  There was such beautiful weather(no rain!!) to spend outside on the roof of the Alo Yoga buidling. I was treated like a VIP by Laura, the marketing director, who led my friend and I upstairs to the event.  There were 30+ attendees including reps from the Environmental Media Association.  We were seated at patio benches instead of the floor at the front of the stage and they had Mineral water/natural soda for beverages. Unfortunately, there was no food but I felt very healthy cuz we were in a yoga studio. Food might have ruined the mood of the event. Though,  I did wish we had a self demonstration of the new tea tree skincare like in New York. Lol.

The Panel:
The panel consisted of Jenn Im and Biossance President Catherine Gore! What a surprise to be able to pick the brain of the head of Biossance, she was so knowledgeable! Her passion truly came forth in everything she was saying up there.

Catherine  gave us  some background on Biossance. Did you know Biossance is a true partner with Sephora and Catherine was with Sephora from the very beginning of Sephora? Wow, it got me excited that Sephora can bring such wonderful opportunities to people 🙂 As we all know Biossance is a clean company and she basically said that their products are so safe, we could pour them in the ocean .  She noted that we shouldn't do that of course, lol! But if we had to, it would be completely safe 🙂

Biossance was also  one of the 1st companies to be completely verifed by EWG (Environmental Working Group) Their website helps me look for and make sure the skincare I am using are safe by researching ingredients.! Check it out, if you are not sure about say, Cyclopentasiloxane: https://www.ewg.org/skindeep/ingredient/701741/CYCLOPENTASILOXANE/
20190223_153506.jpgIMG_20190226_102800.jpgIMG_20190226_102834.jpg
Transcription of Panel Chat:
Jenn Im asked: What Ingredients should I look for? What should be highlighted? If you can walk me thru.
Catherine answered:
"Clean is the word thats going to encompass everything. Parabens are series of compounds that  act as a preservative in skincare/makeup and so they are not necessarily desireable. You really wanna look for things that dont have parabens in them. With Clean, the definition of clean includes vegan, nautral, cruelty free. It encompasses everything and that's what you really want to be drawn to. Biossance has tried to take it one step further... its the 1st and only brand inside Sephora that is EWG verified. It's something we are really, really proud of....Its the most sustainable..... You reallly want to stick with clean and Sephora is really doing a nice job of defingin clean and getting even more convictions around clean at Sephora.  Look for the green symbol, thats a good guideline."

Catherine asked Jenn: Do you have any of your favorite beauty tricks?
Jenn Im answered:
"It's not really a trick but just a  standard everyone should have. Double cleansing . Washing your face twice. If you are not getting all the makeup and the gunk and just like the general debris, there is no point putting product on because it's just sitting on top. Your just wasting good money. If you want to go a step forward. Exfoliating...The person that did my facial. She described it like raking leaves off your face.  Like when you dont exfoliate then it's a bunch of leaves on your face and when you are putting on your serums toners and  essences, its not fully absorbing. Cleanse and exfoliate. It's simple as that."

Catherine asked: If you had  a Desert Island beauty product What would it be?
Jenn Im answered: "Chapstick? Chapstick and Spf. What about you?"
Catheine answered:  Gosh..I...mascara..(everyone in the room laughed)... I cant live without mascara and a good moisturizer. Our omega moisturizer is the best... forget the spf."

Catherine asked: What is your favorite skincare category?
Jenn IM answered: "Anti -aging stuff.  Anything with Retinol. I Love the Squalane + Phyto- retinol Serum. Anything that's gonna preserve the face. "
Audience Questions:
 I tried to ask a question but couldnt get through. 
People asked questions about oily skin and Catherine recommended the Squalane + Tea Tree Detox mask. It controls oil with the moisturizing benefits and offers that clarity for clear skin.

People also asked how To deal with Acne and which Anti-aging
to start with. For acne,  Catherine recommended to exfoliate using the Phyto-Retino that is plant derived called bakuchio oil without the adverse side effects. It is also great for acne scars and dark spots. For Anti-aging, she recommended Vitamin C, good for Day AND Night use.
For you budget friendly people out there, Jenn recommended to pick the one thing you want to put money on and the rest spend it at CVS or Riteaid. 
20190223_142546.jpg20190223_142512 (1).jpg20190223_153540.jpg20190223_145236.jpgPhoto Bomb!!!!!Photo Bomb!!!!!
While waiting for the line to go down I got my shy butt over to Catherine to praise the CO. She asked me what my fave product was and I almost blanked out(its the eye cream). I couldnt believe I was talking to the President of Biossance and she was engaging with me. She was really nice and   really loves her job. BTW, like me,  she loves Drunk Elephant and Tiffany Masterson 😊I didnt want to take more of her time so I said bye and went to meet Jenn.
Catherine and Laura with me!Catherine and Laura with me!Catherine Biossance PresidentCatherine Biossance President
Jenn is so sweet and when i asked to take a quik vid for the forum she said yes! Checkout my instagram VIDEO 😁https://www.instagram.com/pinkylo78/    IMG-20190224-WA0007.jpg20190223_153834.jpgIMG-20190224-WA0001.jpgScreenshot_20190226-113733.png
 After that fantastic meet and greet, it was over 😞 Lauren gave me and my friend some great goodie bags! Thanks so much for your generosity @Biossance 🙂 See pics below.  I really love the spray, its the perfect fine spray mist! My BFF!My BFF!Our goodies were the Clean slate and Full size of the Squalane Mist and DS of the Squalane OilOur goodies were the Clean slate and Full size of the Squalane Mist and DS of the Squalane OilOther guests were handed out the DS Squalane+Tea Tree Cleansing Gel and Omega moisturizer and  packets of the Eye gel/ Gycol Facial and Phyto Retinol SerumOther guests were handed out the DS Squalane+Tea Tree Cleansing Gel and Omega moisturizer and packets of the Eye gel/ Gycol Facial and Phyto Retinol Serum20190223_153903_1_1 (1).gif

BIOSSANCE - Clean Slate Kit Biossance Squalane + Hyaluronic Toning Mist 2.53 oz / 75 mLBiossance Squalane + Tea Tree Cleansing Gel 5.07 oz/ 150 mL

Re: Meet and Hang at Beverly HIlls with Alo Yoga, Biossance and Jenn Im

What a great event and you did such an awesome job at reporting back @Buootiful ! You should be Sephora’s roving reporter at all their shindigs- you’re a natural. 

Thank you so much, your are so sweet for suggesting that @starsandbucks . Oh my, wouldnt that be a cool job to do for Sephora! It has been such a pleasure to recap the 2 events I have gone to 🙂

@Buootiful  Oh my gosh that looked like a blast! You all are so beautiful! I just loved your very detailed descriptions, so much fun to read. That is a crying shame no food though. HAHA.

Thanks so much! @Samtian 🙂 I really expected to do some yoga too,lol.

@Buootiful ,

Wow!  I enjoyed your adventure, descriptions, photos, and video!  I already have some of the Biossance products, but this makes me want to try more and actually use the ones that I have!  I'm glad that you had such a great time doing this!   🙂

Thank you so much! @tsavorite I am using the clean slate kit and loving it! I always feel like I need to put on more moisturizer with other good brands that I have but, these 4 items plus the Biossance Squalane + Hyaluronic Toning Mist 2.53 oz / 75 mL really do the trick! Which @Biossance products do you use? You gotta try their BIOSSANCE - Squalane + Glycolic Renewal Facial mask

too , it doesnt tingle too bad like other glycolic masks Ive tried

Sounds like you learned a lot.  What a neat experience @Buootiful I'm glad you had a good time!

I did learn a lot @michelleshops . It's definitely an experience I would not have gone through had I not been in this lovely community! 🙂

@Buootiful , I'm so sorry that I'm late reading this, it got buried for me due to the spam.  This looks like such a fantastic experience!  I really want to try Biossance myself.  What a great way to try it.  You look fantastic, btw.  I'm glad you had fun!

Its never too late for anything @curlychiquita :). The event was awesome and I have only tried the @Biossance Clean slate kit for like 4 days total because of the flu but they all work well together and my face feels really moisturized for a long time! Thank you for the compliment, you are too sweet! 🙂 

@Buootiful     Great photos and reporting!  I think you'd be a natural at being part of the Sephora Squad. 😉

Thank you soooo much for your support!! ❤️ @Ispend2much6  🙂 Unfortunately, I did not even make it to 25 testimonials. Oh well, better luck next time. 

@Buootiful   You are still a wonderful contributor.  

@Buootiful Looks like you had an awesome time! Thank you for sharing all of your wonderful pictures 🙂

Best,
Rebecca

Thanks!! @RebeccaBT  It's 2 out of 2 for some great events!! I couldn't have done it without my BFF taking those candid pictures! 🙂

@Buootiful Thank you so much for sharing with us. This was so good and descriptive felt like I was right there with you! I love Jenn Im and Biossance, it makes me so happy you had amazing time 🙂 

@BrendaBT  @TeamBIC Thank you sooo much for the opportunity!!! I wish you could have been there too but glad my summary was descriptive enough for you !!! ❤️ Maybe sometime soon? So close, yet far away.. might have to go get  SF Dim Sum soon:)

Ahh I love your reviews of events @Buootiful I always feel like I was right there with ya 🤗🤗 so happy you were able to meet bothjenn and Catherine!! They seem so nice ❤️ and thanks for all the info about EWG! Such a good resource! I hope you enjoy all your fun new products, I’ll definitely be picking up the squalane mist because you like it so much - squalane is one of the ingredients ive been loving in skincare lately. So happy you were able to go my babe!! 🥰🥰

Big hugs to you, Babe!!! @cianni I love how you appreciate my reviews/looks and always lift my spirits when you post.  It was an educational experience indeed, and made me love BIossance more, knowing how clean they are. 🙂 Enjoy the spray!!! Finally an actual fine mist instead of a squirt, lol

If you have instagram, DM me!!

@Buootiful unfortunately no instagram 😱 crazy, I know! I’m definitely taking pointers on your reviews on events because thanks to you I managed to snag a spot at the Toronto Atelier event!!!! ❤️❤️❤️ I appreciate your tag in the post so much, I for sure would have missed out if it weren’t for you 🤗

41 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos20
  • 20190223_154303.jpg
  • 20190223_142518.jpg
  • 20190223_153506.jpg
  • IMG_20190226_102800.jpg
  • IMG_20190226_102834.jpg
  • 20190223_142546.jpg
  • 20190223_142512 (1).jpg
  • 20190223_153540.jpg
  • 20190223_145236.jpg