Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

If you havenโ€™t joined in yet, better late than never!

tenor

Post as frequently or infrequently as you would like, with or without following the challenge. We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome. 

This Weekโ€™s Theme: Blind Pick Your Mask! @veronika23 gave us this weekโ€™s daring challenge. Thank you bringing a little suspense into masking, lovely!๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ

Letter of the Week:  F

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 8.35.49 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-03 at 8.34.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Woohoo!!! ๐Ÿ™Œ I'm sensing a cica masking sesh will be in the works soon @PrettyPaint. Yes!

@itsfi Ooh that sounds nice!

@Samtian, I have 2 more from the line to try and am looking forward to them. It's great for seeing how the skin responds to that one ingredient! ๐Ÿ˜€ If I find one I like more than the others, I might see about picking up a week's worth and seeing how my skin responds if I did some daily masking with just the mask. 

@itsfi., it's only made of one ingredient?!! That's cool.

@nuinui933, very cool, right? It's great to see a mask that's literally just about the touted ingredient. ๐Ÿ‘ 

@itsfi, such a cool mask!! 

@FullCoverageBB, I like that it's 100% one ingredient! โ™ฅ๏ธ The two I've used so far have been good and I'm looking forward to trying out the other two varieties from the line.

Here's a D mask for the week:

Moksha's Dear Berry - It contains strawberry, blueberry, and tomato extract. The scent wasn't particularly strong, but there was a tiny bit of a berry scent. The serum was creamy and there was a lot of it. The fit was particularly odd for me. It was too large overall, but the cutouts/holes were particularly exaggerated in size. In terms of results, I did find it quite hydrating and didn't feel the need to apply moisturizer afterwards. All in all, D for decent! 

1.jpg2.jpg

I like your use of D for Decent, @PrettyPaint ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ A very positive outlook you have! The serum does sound especially nice.

@PrettyPaint  This one sounds nice! I love masks with creamy serum! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Sounds really nice!! @PrettyPaint sorry the fit was off

Thanks so much @lmaster 

Ohh thatโ€™s a great combo of ingredients @PrettyPaint - glad to hear it worked well even with the weird fit!

@Kim888 Thanks so much - yes, my skin was definitely happy with the ingredients. ๐Ÿ™‚

@PrettyPaint, a light berry scent sounds nice.

@nuinui933  It was barely detectable, but I'm pretty sure that's what I was smelling! ๐Ÿ™‚ 

@PrettyPaint, oooh, sheet masks with a creamy serum always grab my attention. Especially if you didnโ€™t feel the need to follow up with a moisturizer. This one has an unique combination of fruits and veggies that I donโ€™t recall seeing before and itโ€™s one I wouldnโ€™t think of on my own. Is this mask one you would want to use again?

@itsfi  I liked the serum for sure, but I think the fit was strange enough that I probably wouldn't repurchase. I think I'm to the point where I'm getting pretty picky about repurchase decisions. 

@PrettyPaint, itโ€™s not a bad place to be. There are plenty of good masks to be used or that youโ€™re happy to use again. But itโ€™s especially nice when there are great masks that youโ€™re excited to used again. โ™ฅ๏ธ Iโ€™ve found that being more selective helps to keep the mask supply in a more manageable state. ๐Ÿ˜† 

@PrettyPaint, seems like a super cool mask! I also have a hard time with face masks fitting me properly. My face is so tiny! ๐Ÿ˜‚

@FullCoverageBB  I can totally relate! I never felt like my face was particularly small, but now I'm beginning to wonder given a lot of the masks I've tried! The vast majority are much too large. 

13 Replies