Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

💕😌 Mask of the Week Challenge 😌💖

It’s May, Hurray! 🌸 We are almost 1/2-way through this year’s challenge🙌🏼

tenor

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks💗 Post as frequently or infrequently as you would like, with or without following the challenge. We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome. 

This Week’s Theme: Mask with a Partner! @Alphaboo gives us this week’s fun challenge: Let’s make an excuse to mask together☺️

Letter of the Week:  T

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 8.35.49 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-03 at 8.34.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, if it's an exfoliating mask (include acid info if known), your overall experience, and whether or not you would repurchase. Don't forget to include a grade (thanks to @ShortErica for the idea) to help others along the way.

Most importantly, have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

@lmaster  Me too! Such a delicious scent! 🍇😋

@Shosh85  Sounds like an awesome mask! Is this line of masks discontinued? 

@ather  Yes, unfortunately it seems they are discontinued! I'm so sad, because Peripera makes some of my most favorite masks! 😢

This week’s 3-step mask from Missha, thanks to the recent motm 📦 

E058BEF2-3C60-47E3-8BC6-3C4D2765918E.jpeg

Spoiler
My skin has been so disagreeable this week. I’ve had a few blemishes along my jawbone and dots haven’t been helping, so I was hoping some exfoliating would help. This was the second (or third?) time I’ve tried the Youth To The People Yerba Mate Resurfacing + Exfoliating Energy Facial with Enzymes + Niacinamide 2...., and I still don’t have any strong feelings about it one way or another. Lots of tiny granules, so I was extra careful when rinsing off.

This Missha 3-Step Nutrition Mask starts with Essence, which I’ve come to appreciate more as I’ve made it part of my skincare routine. It seemed superfluous at first, but that’s how I felt about serum a few years ago, too🤷🏻‍♀️ I think as a first step, it’s a great choice. This essence felt more like a rich serum, with a clean laundry-type scent. Step two, the mask, was a thicker, soft and stretchy fabric that felt lovely but fell away from my face to the point that I removed it after about 15 minutes of struggling. My skin felt quite soft and hydrated. Since step three was the hydrating cream, I went through my final steps and then applied it last. It was pleasant enough, no irritation so that was a plus. It’s not a mask I would repurchase, but I loved having the opportunity to try it, so a very big thank you and hug to the person who included it in the box, it was greatly appreciated!

@eshoe that's what I love about motm, getting to try new ones out 😊

Me too, @lmaster. It’s all about the adventure, doesn’t matter if they are good or bad☺️

@eshoe  Too bad you don’t have thoughts on the YTTP I’ve been debating it for a bit. I might have to see if I have a sample. I totally agree with you about serums. A few years ago I didn’t use them but now I can’t get enough!!!

@atherI guess as much as I love physical exfoliatants, I realize they are not a good match for my normal/dry skin. I love them, but tend to overuse them as a result. The granules in this one are small, but noticeably rough. If your skin can handle it, this might be a brilliant fit for you. It’s fun to use and I love the brand overall; the Youth To The People Superfood Air-Whip Moisturizer with Hyaluronic Acid 2 oz/ 60 mL is my all-time favorite daytime moisturizer.

@eshoe  In the summer I might be able to get away with a physical exfoliate but in the winter I think I am to dry!! I will definitely check that moisturizer out!! Thank you!

I love that MOtM allows us to try something we might not want to purchase ourselves. This sounds nice @eshoe. Hope your face calms down. I've been having some blemish issues too. Ugh!

Yes @ShortErica I’ve had fun trying new masks. They haven’t always panned out, but isn’t that how it works, at least in part? It’s the most fun trying them, if they aren’t a god fit, then I just know what I don’t like/need 🙂

@eshoe  All three steps on this one sound pretty decent! I'm happy MOTM gave you a chance to try it out! 😃

They were good, @Shosh85! I’ve been using the Missha Time Revolution and along with the CosRx, they have helped me see what a difference an essence can make in plumping the skin. 3 step masks used to seem like a lot of work, but I kinda don’t mind them anymore🤷🏻‍♀️

@eshoe  Glad you're enjoying the CosRX! I'm lovin' the stringy-sliminess of the snail products! 😉🐌

Me too, @Shosh85. It’s kind of a game, if I can apply it to both cheeks without a thread leaving its mark across my face😝 

A 3 step gifted my the ever so thoughtful @eshoe 

IMG_20200827_113217958.jpg

Spoiler
Step 1 is a peeling gel, I liked this one better than the boscia version, it did leave my skin feeling softer. Step 2 is a thin white sheet, the scent was light and hardly noticeable and highly saturated with clear serum. Fit was pretty good, and I have started to perform surgery now and I'm kinda kicking myself for being too lazy in the past because it does really help!! After I removed the mask, my skin felt nicely hydrated! Step 3 is a balancing gel, this is a step im not familiar with, I have never used a balancing gel before. I noticed after applying it, my skin turned pretty matte. I think that is pretty beneficial for someone who has oily skin in the summer and wants to wear makeup. Overall I enjoyed this 3 step mask and would repurchase if I came across it, thanks again lovely!!

So happy to hear this one worked out for you, @lmaster! I really enjoyed it, too:)

@eshoe it's a winner absolutely!! Thank you 🤗

With the balancing gel step, it sounds like this might make a good morning mask (for someone not too rushed in the a.m.), @lmaster.

@quspork I was very happy with all the steps in this mask, definitely a great morning mask 👍

@lmaster  Very interesting!! I’m not sure I’m invested enough to try a 3 step mask. I feel like I would fall asleep before I hit the second step 🥱

11 Replies
Photos1,726
  • The eye patches I reach for most often.
  • 4DD63543-C124-4765-AED1-6201B2D4B8E9.jpeg
  • I wish my skin loved grapefruit as much as my nose does.
  • Thanks, YesStyle, for marring this packaging with your sticker.
  • 95AA92FC-C259-4A86-9792-D371BF6DE5AE.jpeg
  • EB947FDF-F7F4-4BCA-A209-639327AAE741.jpeg
  • D8DC0C1D-492C-4C5E-9F38-98A3FDDB828F.jpeg
  • papaya.jpg
  • Papayaing.JPG
  • Again with the unfortunate sticker placement.
  • Thank goodness all this info's available at Abib's site, otherwise I'd strain my old lady eyes to death.
  • BubbleMask.jpg
  • Bubble Mask on.jpg
  • Bubbles!.jpg