cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Low Maintenance Skincare?

Hello everyone!

I'm a very low-maintenance person and don't like to wear a lot of makeup/use a lot of products. I don't have great skin and am trying to find a way to effectively handle my forehead (acne, tiny bumps, large pores, etc), redness patches (on cheeks, nose), and general textural unevenness.

I clean with Drunk Elephant's Pekee Bar, tone with Thayer's rose witch hazel, and moisturize with fresh's rose moisturizer. I feel like these products are working well individually, but as a whole my skin has improved very little. I was using vitamin c in the morning for a time, but I saw absolutely no benefit from it so I've stopped.

I should add that I am not on any hormones, wash my hair about 1-2 times a week, and don't use hair products. I also have some seborrheic dermatitis issues on my scalp which I more or less have controlled through moisturizing/washing with the proper products.

The more I'm trying to improve my skin, the more time and money I'm spending. I know more isn't always better, so rather than adding more products to my lineup, I'm trying to find a low-key routine that is good for sensitive skin and can help with uneven texture and acne. Do any of you have any recommendations?

Thank you!!

Re: Low Maintenance Skincare?

Lowest maintenance 

Laneige Multi Cleanser - a foaming facial cleanser great all skin types,...

simply moisturizer by Boscia: Tsubaki Swirl 2- pt gel & cream hydration moisturizer.

it looks so pretty 1/2 gel on top like says deep cream dessert like bottom.

they give you like a tiny spatula ( like in baking to mix the 2 together)

you apply as you would any moisturizer.

its beautiful,gentle work on any skin type.,be petal smooth smell lovely not perfumey

simply by using those 2 products your skin would be lovely & clear & super hydrated &

glowy!!!!😊😇

Try First Aid products. They are great for acne prone skins. For cleansing you can use Bosnia products also. Ren rescue mask also is effective. These brands are not that expensive.

Do you have any recommendations on a specific AHA exfoliator?

Thank you so much! I think you're right that I definitely need to add exfoliation to my routine. I'm going to look into that now 🙂

I suggest incorporating a detoxifying/clarifying mud mask into your skincare routine (at least once or twice a week). A really good one to use is the GLAMGLOW SUPERMUD CLEARING TREATMENT. It's definitely intense, but it's working to pull out all the oil and dirt clogging the pores in your T-Zone areas. A cheaper, drugstore alternative is the L'oreal Detox & Brighten Pure-Clay Mask.

Hey! You would probably enjoy my usual routine, although I buy these products from Lush and not Sephora. The Drunk Elephant's soap bar is an amazing start (I use the a basic white dove bar soap to rinse off my makeup after using a makeup remover wipe). Then I use the Ocean Salt Face and Body Scrub, I LIVE by this brightening lime exfoliate, it leaves your skin soooooo smooth and it tones your skin while getting rid of all your dead skin. Lastly I follow with there fresh Cupcake mask, with spearmint oil to cool, vanilla absolute to calm redness and Rhassoul mud to deeply cleanse. I just started doing this routine two weeks ago and my skin is already looking and feeling amazing!! Honestly its effective and the lush products probably cost $35 for both products, you'll probably have to go back for the cupcake mask every so often but if you use the scum just on your face it will last a while. 

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing