cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|
Anonymous Insider

Let's Talk DE! The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

I came about Drunk Elephant a few months ago on Instagram as I browse through the feed. I found myself sinking deeper and deeper in to the good reviews for the brand. Thus, when I finally got the chance, I started using DE products about three days ago when it arrived in the mail.

I have sensitive, combination skin which occasionally breaks out depending on the weather and the work environment. Overall, my skin is relatively okay with a few zits here and there from time to time.

My normal night time routine includes:

Clinique Liquid Facial Soap

VMV Super Skin Mandelic Toner in #2

Estee Lauder Advance Night Repair

Kiehls Vitamin C Serum***

***This part has now been replaced with the DE C-Firma and B-Hydra

My morning routine 

Clinique Liquid Facial Soap

Clnique Number 2 Clarifying Lotion

Estee Lauder Advance Night Repair*

VMV Armada Face Cover 30

This part has now been expanded with the DE C-Firma and B-Hydra

After 3 days of continued use:

The GOOD:

1. My skin was softer. brighter, vibrant and more younger looking.

The BAD:

1. I am experiencing tiny red and white bumps on the forehead, the eyebrows (??!!!), the cheeks and the chin.

2. From afar it's really not noticeable. However, when in close proximity, it can really be seen by the naked eye.

The UGLY:

1. I really can't say yet if there is an UGLY. However, I am just bothered because for most people, they say it works wonders in a snap. I have only been on the product for 3 days and I have only used it but it doesn't seem to be working that well for me.

QUESTION/S?

1. Do I have to switch toners? If yes, what toners can I use if that is the cause of the problem?

2. Is Drunk Elephant's C-Firma better than that of Kiehl's Powerful Line Reducing Concentrate or should I just go back to it?

3. Do I need to use a different soap for this?

Your replies would mean the world to a sensitive girl's skin!

Re: Let's Talk DE! The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Looking through what you’re using, I would say it’s a bit too much for your skin @Anonymous, especially with the intro of new products. You probably don’t need to be using the toner right now with the intro of DE. I would scale it back to only using the cleanser and moisturizer and then incorporate the b-hydra after a few days, and if that goes well, incorporate the C-firma. 

This is ony based off of other DE threads I’ve read through, including the live chat with founder Tiffany Masterson. Good luck! 😊

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing