Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

LOOKING FOR ESSENCE AND NOSE THAT SET FAVORITE OF SEPHORA CHOOSE HELP

hello girls !! I am starting with the Korean routine and I am looking for an essay that is not very expensive to start testing, I am 35 years old, some small lines of expression, and small spots that remained from my teenage acne. I have sensitive skin: what essences do you recommend? I thought about mini sizes for the wreck and because I wanted to try.
and I was in doubt with Sephora's favorite set between sleep and petal power, which do you recommend? thanksssss #FAVORITESEPHORA 

Re: LOOKING FOR ESSENCE AND NOSE THAT SET FAVORITE OF SEPHORA CHOOSE HELP

I have been using an essence in my routine for years, @paovalentini. I used to have extremely oily skin and now, my oil is controllable with product. I use two brands: Pyungkang Yul Essence Mist and AMOREPACIFIC - Vintage Single Extract Essence. The latter is very expensive but worth the splurge is you can. Pyungkang Yul is an amazing essence that has a pump. I keep one in my shower as well as next to my sink. Rule of thumb is to apply an essence within 3 seconds of washing your face. It’s also perfect to layer if you are doing the 7-skin method. It has been a game changer that I will always incorporate into my routine. 

I've been using K-Beauty Essences for almost a year now and they've become a staple in my skincare routine before I put on serums. There's only one I've used from Sephora and that's belif Hungarian Water Essence 2.53 oz/ 75 mL. The other ones I love that also have great reviews online are Neogen Dermalogy Real Ferment Micro Essence and Cosrx Advnaced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence. I highly recommend you visit the website Soko Glam for all things K-Beauty!

@paovalentini, the AmorePacific essence recommended by @PenelopeBT is a beautiful formulation, one I really enjoy, but yes, it is on the pricier side - it would make a lovely splurge. Sephora has some wonderful K-beauty essences that are not as pricey and that might be of interest to you - 

INNISFREE - Fermented Soybean Firming Energy Essence has both hydrating and anti-aging benefits. This one also contains arbutin (4th ingredient) which is known for its brightening effects and may be helpful with the small spots you mentioned.

Belif also makes a couple of nice essences you may want to look into - belif Hungarian Water Essence 2.53 oz/ 75 mL is lightweight and leaves skin feeling soft and plump. This one does contain herbal extracts like rosemary and lavender. You said that you have sensitive skin so I'm not sure how your skin would like those herbs. If that's not an option for you, belif also makes an essence that is more geared towards sensitive skin - belif The True Tincture Essence - Chamomile 2.53 oz/ 75 mL

THANK YOU VERY MUCH @itsfi I have heard of the Korean brand innisfree. thank you very much you have helped me and advised much better than in sephora, I thank you    INNISFREE - Esencia de energía reafirmante de soja fermentada and you know if it's better than  CAUDALIE - ¿Esencia glicólica iluminadora Vinoperfect 

You're very welcome @paovalentini. I'm glad I could help. 

The Caudalie essence you mentioned is a nice one. It does, however, contain glycolic acid and a naturally derived salicylic acid, so it will provide some exfoliating benefits to your skin. Since your skin is on the sensitive, I would not recommend using the Caudalie essence every day - that might be too much exfoliation for your skin. If you wanted to use it 1-2 times per week and just one layer of it, it should be fine, but that's definitely something you'd want to ease into, to make sure your skin would be okay with it. 

@itsfi Of course I didn't know that it contained acids I don't know the percentages but it wouldn't be for every day it would be more exfoliating
Thank you very much for your attention 

Hi @paovalentini,

I have two essences that I recommend. I really love the FRESH - Black Tea Kombucha Antioxidant Essence if you're looking for something hydrating. It has hyaluronic acid and kombucha to really hydrate and plump the skin.

If you're looking for something that's more focused on anti aging and fighting pollution, I recommend the AMOREPACIFIC - Vintage Single Extract Essence. It has green tea which is an antioxidant that fights free radicals that cause aging. 

I definitely recommend the Sephora Favorites Power of the Petal set. I really like the Caudalie eye cream and the Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask in that set.

Best of luck on achieving a glowing complexion!

Stay Gorgeous,

Penelope

<333

There are many thanks Penelope if I was looking for something moisturizing and anti age, but the essence of   AMOREPACIFIC it is too expensive! Thanks you helped me to decide between the sets !!! AMOREPAC IFIC - Vintage Single Extract Essence

LOOKING FOR ESSENCE AND NOSE THAT SET FAVORITE OF SEPHORA CHOOSE HELP

I use Tatcha's and it's fairly costly but it's by far my favorite out of any I've tried. Be careful, a lot of them contain alcohol

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! THE ESSENCE OF TATCHA HAS ALCOHOL? 

no it does not🙂

no it does not🙂
11 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 28 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing