Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐ŸŒฑ Korean Beauty: East Meets West-Skincare Edition ๐ŸŒฑ

As part of my New Year's resolution, I promised myself I would explore the world of Korean beauty a lot more than I have. I would love this to be a place to discuss and share your experience!

I am currently practicing the "7 Skin Method" every morning. This will help hydrate dry skin as well as balance sebum production is oily skin. I was a grease factory and am now very normal. This method is simply applying a hydrating toner 7 times in a row. You can use a cotton round, but I prefer to apply 5/6 drops to the palm of my hand and press it into my skin. I am currently using:

• Missha First Treatment Essence 2X ($49)
  • Amore Pacific Single Extract Vintage Essence 1X ($145)
  • ElishaCoy Moist Up Hyalurone Ampoule Essence 4X ($10)

Results are immediate! My skin is plump and glowing. Now, I could NEVER give up my Good Genes and Luna, but this will definitely take the place of some very expensive skincare products I use like my Vintner's Daughter. I would love to hear about Korean Beauty products you have discovered. I'm all for spending in the name of great skin! โค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ

Re: ๐ŸŒฑ Korean Beauty: East Meets West-Skincare Edition ๐ŸŒฑ

@Aaliaa. BTW, I used the SR UFO Oil. That stuff is awesome. It was my SR gateway drug. My previous routine was SR Ceramic Slip cleanser, Good Genes, MArtian toner,  UFO. I was wanting to swap out the GG for the tarte KTT.  I definitely over did it last night so I am going to just not use the tarte for a few days and then use it again and see if it was because I overdid it or because my skin just doesnโ€™t like it. The only reason I was trying it was because it seemed economical SR GG is soooooo pricey........

I would actually stay away from any acid and retinol products for a week @mermadelove. Let your skin calm down and try soothing products. It will be hard to judge its efficacy at the moment.

@Aaliaa  I am just seeing this because I was avoiding the site during the sale!! Thanks for the advice. I actually used the Korres sleeping facial and it calmed things right down. I skipped the tarte for a few days, used it twice more, and it is just NOT for me. My skin just hates it. I ended up getting a fe SR flas fix kits during the sale so that I could stick to my tried and true Good Genes. IT's the most economical way to get it. I'm going to return the tarte. I had such high hopes......

@mermadelove Looks like you're covered here now, but yeah, too many different things called "toners" and "tonics" in circulation these days! It's definitely an active, though.

And speaking of UFO, yours has landed safely @Aaliaa! ๐Ÿ›ธ

๐Ÿ’œ Thank you @fieldsofclover!!! 

@Aaliaa. Thank you, my dear for your advice! I truly appreciate it! You 9literally) saved my skin!!!!

xoxoxoxoxo

My pleasure @mermadelove!! Let us know how you like the knockout treatment

@Aaliaa I absolutely will!!! 

Here are my current AM and PM routines... not all HGs yet, but I'm getting there. When I sheet-mask, they take over the Ordinary HA spot.

PhotoGrid_1523834875033.png

Spoiler

The DDG cleanser will be replaced with the YTTP cleanser, and the DDG peptide milk will become the YTTP serum and/or maqui oil. Been using the Ren tonic, so the Knockout is mostly an upgrade to something heavier.

I like the IT balm ok but I won't repurchase it... switching to the Heimish balm or back to the Ole melting oil I used to use. I'm tired of Ordinary restock drama so after I use up my stash I'll be putting something else in its place.

Just hauled everything I was thinking about getting in the next six months, all at once ๐Ÿคช But now it's done and not occupying my mind anymore. Committed to the Korres black pine eye serum and sleeping oil, got a yogurt cleanser to use with my Clarisonic at night, and a bottle of the Tarte Knockout. I had a couple masks I was already planning to buy, so I decided to wait on the Ren lactic mask for now.

I still have half a bottle of the Pyunkang Yul essence, so I have a couple of months before I need to make an OhLolly order.

@fieldsofclover Please tell me what you think of tarte Knockout. I am a Sunday Riley whoreder (LOL) and I have been using Good Genes via points perks and Flash Fix Kit, but if the tarte works well, Iโ€™ll jump ship for just that. I read a review that said it contains myhrr which is supposedly bad for your skin? I would love to hear your age advice/experience with it!!! TIA!

@mermadelove Just used it for the first time today and it's exactly what I was looking for. I've always been more heavily into glycolic/salicylic acids so I used the Ren tonic promo as my lactic acid "training wheels". It's more liquidy than GG, and not as strong, but I'm fine with that since I'd rather be able to use it daily-ish.

I have a stockpile of Good Genes minis from December, and I'll use them up, but I see myself just sticking with this rather than making the jump to SR. Partly because of the price tag, but the Knockout was also less fussy to apply... just put it on a Shiseido cotton and wiped it on like a toner, vs. using my mask brush with the SR (I already live in the dystopian future, I can't afford to melt my fingerprints off).

The use-by on the Knockout is six months, so I'm into it for $78 a year if it becomes a staple... I'm super ok with that since the DDG peels were running me $85/month last year!

@fieldsofclover. โ€œI already live in the dystopian future....โ€ ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚You slay me, โ˜˜๏ธ๐Ÿ€โ˜˜๏ธ

But seriously, thanks for the great feedback! I was using Good Genes daily when I had it. Just bought the flash fix kit, but may jump over to the tarte due to pricing. I just bought The Ordinaryโ€™s lactic acid treatment and I donโ€™t know if itโ€™s doing much.The difference is always so dramatic with SR, which is why I love it. But that price tag!!! The tarte seems like a good middle ground. I think maybe Iโ€™ll exchange the flash fix kit for it next weekend during the sale. 

RE: ๐ŸŒฑ Korean Beauty: East Meets West-Skincare Edition ๐ŸŒฑ

Can someone explain Korean 7layer essence/toner to me? Are you putting 7 layers on your skin in a row, in the AM as part of your morning routine before makeup?? How long does this take? How many minutes are you giving between each layer before adding the next layer to ensure proper skin penetration? Intrigued, but this is the first time I am hearing of this??? I have combination/oily skin. Am 40 and still get 1 pimple/zit a month as part of the lovely process of my pms!!

Re: RE: ๐ŸŒฑ Korean Beauty: East Meets West-Skincare Edition ๐ŸŒฑ

@KrishAtl Yes, I do 7 layers in a row in the AM right after cleansing and exfoliating, and do the same in the evening if I'm not planning to use a sheet mask. I spend maybe 10-15 seconds pressing each layer into my skin and I don't wait very long between layers (maybe 5-10 seconds) so the whole thing only takes a few minutes.

After that I use a serum, and then sometimes a light moisturizer if I'm going to wear foundation (I usually just use a tinted moisturizer now so mostly I skip this). This is the point in my routine where I wait a few minutes for everything to sink in a bit more, so I usually get dressed or do something else for a few minutes before starting my makeup.

Re: RE: ๐ŸŒฑ Korean Beauty: East Meets West-Skincare Edition ๐ŸŒฑ

Hey @KrishAtl, I do the 7-skin/layer method a few times a week. I don't generally have time in the morning but I will do it in the evening. I take a few drops of essence in my hand pat it into my skin and repeat again. I don't wait between layers and the whole process takes 2-3 minutes. I will sometimes do 2-4 layers in the morning if my skin in feeling de-hydrated.

One pimple a month, oh I wish I was that lucky!!

๐ŸŒฑ Korean Beauty: East Meets West-Skincare Edition ๐ŸŒฑ

I have been wanting to try Glow Recipe for a while now and I was getting waaaay too impatient to wait for it to arrive on the candian site sooooooo I checked out their site directly and found this awesome little set! needless to say I ordered it right away! I also saved 15$ with their "glow miles" by doing a few random things such as liking/following on Instagram etc ๐Ÿ˜‡

I tried the small watermelon mask and I love it.

I tried the small watermelon mask and I love it.

Canadian here too... frustrating when alot of products ar...

Canadian here too... frustrating when alot of products are not available to us. did you have to pay any duties?

RE: ๐ŸŒฑ Korean Beauty: East Meets West-Skincare Edition ๐ŸŒฑ

Thanks for posting this! Iโ€™ve been wanting to try Glow Recipe for a long time now. Iโ€™m also from Canada so I feel your pain on waiting for it to come here! I just made my order. ๐Ÿ™‚

that's awesome!! happy to help!๐Ÿ˜„ the Canadian struggle i...

that's awesome!! happy to help!๐Ÿ˜„ the Canadian struggle is real haha fingers crossed it's the "game changer" it claims to be๐Ÿ˜ @ashleybryck
418 Replies
Photos36
  • essence pic.jpg
  • Screenshot_20180125-182702.png
  • Pyunkang Yul label
  • D6DE9B85-8F8E-43E2-89D6-5FEEBE5CAC8C.jpeg
  • IMG_20180214_162019-01.jpeg
  • IMG_7696.jpg
  • IMG_7697 (1).jpg
  • Massage Tool
  • Normal/Combonation
  • Dehydrated Oily