Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

KP skin issues

I have KP (keratosis Polaris) allll over my body. What do you guys recommend to help aid it ??

RE: KP skin issues

Just started using cerave products after I seen a comment about KP success on a Sephora review. Within just a few days I have seen a huge difference.

Re: KP skin issues

@cardinaljayy First Aid Beauty has a scrub--the First Aid Beauty KP Bump Eraser Body Scrub with 10% AHA 8 oz/ 226 g--that has worked really well for a couple of people that I know.

KP skin issues

dermadoctor has some great products like the scrub and lotion, but the one from them that works the best for me is their exfoliating and hydrating wipes. it does the job of exfoliating chemically which is what you really need and also doesn't keep your skin dry with the moisturizing half of the package. unfortunately those always seem to be out of stock at Sephora but I believe they do have it at Ulta or on the dermadoctor website. if I don't use those what I also like to do is right after the shower when my skin is still damp I won't use the Murad acne body spray and maybe just a couple drops of the Glam glow toner and rub it in before my skin dries so it spreads more easily. if it's on your back you can always do the same but find one of those cheap lotion applicators on Amazon so you can rub it in to places that you can't reach

RE: KP skin issues

I have this issue, too. Let me know if you end up trying anything and what your results were!

Skinfix resurface+ line changed my life! The scrub and AHA cream really work miracles. Good luck - I know the feeling, I used to feel self-conscious because of my KP. 

https://www.sephora.com/product/resurface-aha-renewing-cream-P442845

https://www.sephora.com/product/resurface-glycolic-renewing-scrub-P442844

Skinfix resurface+ line changed my life! The scrub and AHA cream really work miracles. Good luck - I know the feeling, I used to feel self-conscious because of my KP. 

https://www.sephora.com/product/resurface-aha-renewing-cream-P442845

https://www.sephora.com/product/resurface-glycolic-renewing-scrub-P442844

props to all the posters, you essentially need to exfoliate.  I used to have so bad KP / was so self-conscious about it I never wore short sleeves!

What worked for me, beyond growing out of it, was using an exfoliating toner right out of the shower, then putting body lotion on maybe ten minutes had dried.  And while AHAs are good for facial skin, and for the dry flakes you get on your legs over the winter, KP needs some intense BHAs to go deeper.  For five dollars you can pick up clean and clear "astringent toner", really anything thin with salicylic acid should help. Just make sure to properly moisturize after, since most salicylic acid products tend to be drying, and that's not what you want.

I hope you get relief!  I still use "acne toners" on my body, for a few days after a waxing, bc I've found it's the best way to keep pores cleared out.  I know ingrowns are different than KP, but not completely different principle.  Really, good luck.

Farmacy Honey Savior All-in-One Skin Repair Salve 1.6 oz/ 46 gand KIEHL'S SINCE 1851 - Ultra Facial Cream are my top favorites. The Kiehls says it is for your face but it can be used all over. With the Farmacy Skin Repair Salve, it is specifically meant for the body.

@cardinaljayy 

Eucerin repair line - AHAs and urea

Gold bond rough and bumpy 

Body exfoliator, Ahava mineral body exfoliator, then a lotion with actives.

KP is keratin buildup at the hair follicle.

Chemical peels may help, start with a professional to see if it's an option. 

Neutrogena body wash for acne, contains salicylic acid which helps break down the debris.

@cardinaljayy REN CLEAN SKINCARE - AHA Smart Renewal Body Serumis a glycolic acid moisturizer, I use it after a drugstore scrub in the shower -the St. Ives apricot, Target has a great generic for $2 which is way too rough for my face but perfect for my arms/legs. Though personally I'm on the lookout for a cheaper chemical exfoliator for my body, I might try just Using the Ordinary's glycolic toner on a washcloth and follow up with a generic moisturizer 

@cardinaljayy SKINFIX - Resurface+ Glycolic Renewing Scrubis also possibly a cheaper alternative to the one listed below

@cardinaljayy Entertainingly, Dermadoctor makes a product called "KP Duty" which is designed for this issue. I don't actually know if that product in particular is the best one for you, but I wanted to point out the key ingredients in it, to give you an idea of what you're looking for:

This stuff contains glycolic acid, palmitic acid, and lactic acid, all of which are alpha-hydroxy acids.* It also contains "salix alba bark extract" a.k.a. salicylic acid, a beta-hydroxy acid. AHAs and BHAs are both chemical exfoliators. Additionally, it looks like it contains microbeads to act as a physical exfoliator. (It also contains a bunch of moisturizers, which will help soften the skin, as well.)

All of these ingredients can help ameliorate the excess keratin buildup that causes keratosis pilaris, and looking for a product that contains some of them is a good guideline to start with.

*If you do choose a product containing AHAs, please remember to use sunscreen during the daytime. AHAs temporarily decrease your skin's UV resistance, so adding back in some protection will prevent a surprise sunburn.

DERMADOCTOR - KP Duty® Body Scrub

12 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 11 Contributors
testing