Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

I need mineral sunscreen recommendations!

I’ve tried a handful of sunscreens, but I haven’t found my “holy grail” yet..

For context, I have an oily t-zone and dry cheeks (combination). I also have pretty reactive/sensitive skin.

I want a sunscreen to be mineral, light, soothing, non-drying, and non-greasy. 

If anyone knows of a sunscreen that somewhat fits the bill, please feel free to comment a recommendation for me!

Thank you!!

Re: I need sunscreen recommendations!

I am a HUGE fan of the Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen Invisible Broad Spectrum SPF 40 PA +++! Love love love it. I have very dry skin so I can't speak to it with oily skin, but my friend who has oily skin also likes it, so I think it would work for combo. You will often see small packettes in the "pick your sample" part of check out, if you want to try a small sample first before buying. 

@MadiCook16  My skin is combo/sensitive too and my favorite is Volition Beauty Prismatic Luminizing Shield SPF 50 

l highly recommend the COOLA SPF 30 Mineral Face Matte Tint It has a dry, silicone-like finish so it doesn't feel heavy or greasy, plus it's a cruelty free brand and mineral based if you don't want chemical sunscreen (i have not tried super goop's version since it's not available in Canada).

The cheaper alternative is Australian Gold mineral face sunscreen..this one i'd give 8/10...it;s a bit difficult to wash off with just a cleanser...unless you use cleansing oil/balm or the makeup eraser and it smells a bit funny (though it does not linger). 

I bought 2 with my sephora coupon since the australian gold is sold out on amazon and well.ca..i alternate between the 2, if there's a coupon or one is sold out and i'm in need of more sunscreen.

I came here to ask this! I was looking for a go-to sunscreen as well!!!

I have the same issues as you and every sunscreen I have tried has broken my face out! I finally gave in and bought the one from innisfree and it’s become my holy grail. I wear it all day with or without make up, and  it looks great since there isn’t a white cast. It’s in a small container but a little goes a long way. Hopefully you’ll like it too! 

Hey @MadiCook16 ! I’d suggest Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen Invisible Broad Spectrum SPF 40 PA +++ . The Cerave SPF from the drugstore is also great! Stay safe and have a great day 💕

I second Super goop unseen sunscreen. I also have sensitive combination skin and it works great with or without makeup!

i rly like the nivea sun cream and pacifica and coola setting sprays with spf, very blendable and convenient, not greasy and good for my t zone

10 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 15 Hearts Given
  • 11 Contributors
testing