Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

How to Reduce the Size of a Pimple?

I'm a teenager with incredibly oily skin (the U.S. is going to invade my face if this keeps up). What products are good for reducing the swelling of a pimple? I can always cover redness with makeup, but when you have a mountain on your forehead there's no hiding it! 

My Current Skin Care Routine:

Everyday:

Cetaphil Cleanser

First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads

First Aid Beauty Skin Rescue Oil-Free Moisturizer

Masks (3-4 times a week)

Too Cool for School Pumpkin Sleeping Mask

Origins Clear Improvement Mask

Origins Retexturizing Mask

RE: How to Reduce the Size of a Pimple?

If you dilute tea tree oil with water or a moisturizer and then apply it to the pimple it will help dry it out without leaving your skin too dry so it'll be easier to conceal under makeup the next day. Belief has an already diluted tea tree oil you can buy and apply directly over the pimple, wait for it to sink in and then continue with your nighttime skin care

Re: How to Reduce the Size of a Pimple?

Use Mario Badescu's Drying Lotion

I love the Mario bedascsu line! The drying lotion is great for night time spot treatment. I use the drying cream to shrink the size while I'm getting ready before my makeup 

Hi there is a face sash over the counter benzoyl peroxide topical wash 5% use it the next day you will not have pimples or at least it will dry out

Have you tried the body shop tea tree oil? It's perfect for acne spot treatments. Use at night before you go to sleep and it will work it's magic on you! It reduces the size and absorbs the oil. Hope it helps!

I have sensitive and dry skin and I like to use pure tea...

I have sensitive and dry skin and I like to use pure tea tree oil as an overnight spot treatment. It works for me but it isn't a miracle cure, you could probably find a more effective chemical - based product but if you're looking for something natural that's what I'd recommend. For general oiliness I make my own mask- pink clay, activated charcoal, a couple drops of tea tree oil, and enough rosewater to make it into a paste. The clay really soaks up the oil.

In my experience with my face, less has been more. (As in, using less stuff on my skin made it less dry which also made it less oily.  When your skin is too dry it makes oil in an attempt to moisturize)  I think if I were in your position I would stick to one cleanser and one moisturizer until your skin figures out what it wants to do.

Personally, I switched over from Origins checks and balances to Origins Dr. Weils Mega Mushroom Micellar cleanser + Dr Weil's Mega Mushroom moisturizer.  When my face gets irritated during "that special lady time" or when I wax my lip/chin I use the same line's face mask and it brings down the redness/inflammation in my face.

I hope this helps!!

Murad skin perfecting lotion is awesome! It has retinol in it and it works wonders! Also witch hazel is great as someone previously mentioned. So cleanse use witch hazel and a moisturizer then the skin perfecting lotion. The Eradi-Kate product is good but you will stink like sulfur lol. Also if you go to target pick up some pixie glow tonic. That's one of the ways I keep my skin flawless. Also if you can't afford the skin perfecting lotion you can try Differin. It can be purchased at Walgreens. It also works wonders. If you need to take redness out of a blemish you can use eyedrops. They take the redness out of your eyes and they also take the redness out of your skin. Believe me on this one this is one of my fav tricks. Out of all the products I've mentioned you should be able to put together a skin regimen and get beautiful clear skin. Good luck ☺️

I heard witch hazel is very good with acne. 

I usually put Mario badescu drying lotion on my pimple. It stings abit but it makes the pimple to dry up faster and heal the skin. 

Cosrx acne pimple patches work amazingly well and are usu...

Cosrx acne pimple patches work amazingly well and are usually fast acting. When I feel a pimple coming in, I put a patch on it after cleansing and exfoliating (before moisturizing) and I haven't had a pimple break the skin since I started using them. They stick really well and remove oil from the covered area. I've even worn them during the day for stubborn pimples and no one noticed because they are so transparent. On Amazon for 5 bucks and you get a pack of 24 various sized pads. Hopefully this helps! My teens and I swear by these and purchase them 4 packs at a time.

lol I hope the US doesn't invade your face! 🙂I'v been using Josie Manan oil cleanser and Pacifica kale cleanser with belif witchazel toner for my acne and an oil free moisturizer belif aqua bomb. Cleanser and toner are key!!!! Switching to the belif toner has helped me a lot. 🙂 I've seen way less acne in the past 2 months if using it!!!! And when I get acne it's not as bad!!!

Kate Somerville Eradicate Acne Treatment is very effective spot treatment for me whenever I get a rouge outbreak. One bottle lasts a long time, too.

I'm currently using it and I can't seem to make it work. I use it overnight after my skincare routine on any hormonal pimple I get (very few) but I don't see much of a difference. Do you have any tip on how to make it work?

RE: Re: How to Reduce the Size of a Pimple?

Another vote for the Eradikate by Kate Somerville. I can highly recommend this.
Conversation Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 11 Hearts Given
  • 15 Contributors
testing