Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

How do you deal with breakouts? (ft. Caudalie Vinopure Serum and Peace Out Acne Dots)

I had the chance to try out the Caudalie Vinopure Serum and the Peace Out Acne Dots as part of the Sephora Skin Wins campaign. The photo on the left is before and the photo on the right is 4 weeks later. I really liked the Acne dots for pimples that were on the healing end of the process but I didn’t think that the serum did much to prevent breakouts and pimples in the first place. I used the serum every other night since it is quite powerful and I have sensitive skin. Any suggestions for other acne focused serums (preferably BHA containing)?

CAUDALIE - Vinopure Natural Salicylic Acid Pore Minimizing Serum

PEACE OUT - Acne Healing Dots

Re: How do you deal with breakouts? (ft. Caudalie Vinopure Serum and Peace Out Acne Dots)

@vshinkawa  Congrats on getting to try these products! Here’s how I treat most breakouts on my combo skin: 

Leave-on BHA exfoliant 1-3 times a week - Paula’s Choice CLEAR Anti-Redness Exfoliating Solution (regular strength). It contains 2% salicylic acid. 

Spot treat acne - I apply Paula’s Choice BHA 9 on acne. It contains 9% salicylic acid and is the best spot treatment I’ve ever used. Sometimes I double down with an acne patch, for acne that’s already come to a head: either Tosowoong SOS Repair Cica Clinic Acne Patch, Peace Out Acne Dots, or Cosrx AC Collection Acne Patch (contains cica to help soothe inflammation). I‘m testing the ZitSticka micro dart patches; jury’s still out on those. 

I also like to use a cica serum and/or sheet mask to further reduce acne redness. My current favorite cica serum is Cosrx Pure Fit Cica Serum: it reduces all my surface redness (not just acne redness). I like several different cica masks... Tosowoong, The Saem, and Benton make good ones. 

Re: How do you deal with breakouts? (ft. Caudalie Vinopure Serum and Peace Out Acne Dots)

hi there @vshinkawa -- You need to try the clarifying line from Dr. Barbara Sturm --- not only is it very gentle, but clears acne + bumps sooo quickly without drying out areas of your face. This is what has worked for me -- although, pricey --- very worth it

Dr. Barbara Sturm Clarifying Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
Photos1
testing