Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Help :(

I dont know what to do for my face anymore, I have tried a lot of product and without success so i turn to here, i have sensitive  and very réactive skin, can you help me ? 😪

Tags:

Re: Help :(

Hi @MissAuger ! My skin's also very reactive/inflammation-prone, and fairly sensitive. Since I don't know your skin type/behavior (besides sensitive and reactive) or all your skincare goals, I'll recommend babying your skin for a while with a very simple skincare routine. 

Night:

1. Gentle cleanser - one that won't strip your skin or leave it feeling tight and dry. I use the CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser Bar on my face and body in the shower (I'm a nighttime shower person). Many folks love the liquid version of that cleanser: CeraVe Hydrating Facial Cleanser. Cetaphil and Vanicream also make good gentle cleansers. If you wear makeup during the day and need a remover before cleansing, micellar water might be all you need, or perhaps a cleansing balm or oil. I often use The INKEY List Oat Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm 5 oz/ 150 mL because it's a 3-in-1 product for me: makeup remover, 5-10 minute soothing oat mask if needed, and super gentle AM cleanser. I also use it as my PM cleanser whenever my skin's in painful irritation mode. For eye makeup, I use Paula's Choice Gentle Touch Makeup Remover (the liquid, not the wipes). 

2.  Simple effective moisturizer - CeraVe Moisturizing Cream or Vanicream Moisturizing Skin Cream are good options. For combo skin, consider Vanicream Daily Facial Moisturizer or CeraVe PM Facial Moisturizing Lotion. Also consider Cetaphil and Paula's Choice for moisturizers. You might even like The INKEY List Hemp Oil Moisturizer 1 oz/ 30 mL or another of TIL's moisturizers. 

Morning: 

1. OPTIONAL gentle cleanser - some folks don't have to wash their face in the morning. Some mornings, I just gently wipe my face with a wet plush microfiber cloth (like a Makeup Eraser). If I need an AM cleanser, I use something that doesn't lather: either The Inkey List Oat Cleansing Balm, Paula's Choice Optimal Results Hydrating Cleanser, or Paula's Choice Omega + Complex Cleansing Balm 3.5 oz/ 104 mL —and sometimes I use any of those cleansers only on the parts of my face that need it, like around my eyes. 

2. Moisturizer - can be the same one you use at night. In cold weather, my daily moisturizer is Vanicream Daily Facial Moisturizer. On very cold and windy Chicago days, I top that moisturizer with a layer of petrolatum-based balm—either Aquaphor Ointment or CeraVe Healing Ointment—to protect my skin from windburn. 

3. Broad spectrum sunscreen - at least 30 SPF, applied whenever your skin will be exposed to sunlight, regardless of weather or season, all year long. Which sunscreen's best for you depends on your personal preferences. I regularly rotate through several sunscreens by Avene, Supergoop, Colorscience, CoTZ, OMI, Canmake, Saie, and others. If I use a tinted moisturizer that contains SPF, I still use a separate sunscreen underneath because chances are I won't apply enough of the tinted moisturizer to get adequate sun protection. Note that some sunscreens contain good moisturizing ingredients and can be used as a moisturizer, meaning you could skip step 2 of this routine. In warm weather, Supergoop! Mini Unseen Sunscreen Invisible Broad Spectrum SPF 40 PA +++ 20 mL works for me as a moisturizer + sunscreen because it contains shea butter and dimethicone, so I don't need to use a moisturizer underneath it. But during cold weather, I definitely need a separate moisturizer beneath Unseen Sunscreen. 

You can add products to that routine, of course. Which ones depend on your overall skincare goals and needs. 

Thank you very much !!

@MissAuger Do you lean more dry or oily, and do you have any other specific concerns like acne?

Hey girl! I also struggle with sensitive skin and I would recommend you purchase your skincare products from the Dermalogica UltraCalming line! All of Dermalogica’s calming products will have the purple color on the packaging, so they’re easily distinguishable. I’ll link some of the products down below in the associated products section!

Thank you 🙂

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 12 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing