Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Help with face sunscreen?

Needing help with a face sunscreen. I have problems with either smelling like a bucket of sunscreen, it not absorbing into the skin so every time I touch my face, I get sunscreen on my hands, making me extra greasy through the day, white/gray cast, etc.

I've tried the Khiel's sunscreen and literally every time I move or even walk outside I SMELL it, which I hate.

I just tried using a Tatcha sample today, and even though I don't smell it as much, it comes off on my hands if I touch my skin. 

Any recommendations/help is appreciated. Thank you! 

Re: Help with face sunscreen?

My personal sunscreen holy grail is the Innisfree Intense UV Protection Emulsion SPF 50+. It’s super light, goes under makeup effortlessly, has a very mild pleasant fragrance, and leaves no white cast. It’s also only $20. I highly recommend it!

RE: Help with face sunscreen?

Image skincare is my fav. They have 3 daily moisturizers with spf, 30, a matte 32, and a spf 50. All the same fruity scent, doesn’t feel heavy at all. Thin viscosity, no white cast. It’s not sold at Sephora though.

I really love the Clarins UV PLUS Anti-Pollution Sunscreen Multi-Protection Tint SPF 50 Light@SnugglePuggle94 It lays nicely under my make up and the tinted version is a good substitute for a light coverage foundation or tinted moisturizer with the coverage it gives.  It doesn't feel greasy to me at all. I've tried the Supergoop option others have suggested and don't mind it either. 

I have tried several sunscreens and my favorite so far is Dr.G Green Mild Up Sun SPF50+/PA++++ 50ml. Unfortunately, it is not available at Sephora. There is no scent, quickly absorbs, no white-cast, and spreads very easily. And, it is a 100% physical sunscreen! Also, interestingly, it is not drying, but has a matte finish. It should be available on Amazon. 

@SnugglePuggle94  Missha Sun Milk is my Holy Grail of Sunscreens. It’s SPF 50+/PA+++. It’s literally like a milk as in it’s very thin in texture. It leaves a velvet finish on your skin, doesn’t pill, has no scent and doesn’t leave you greasy at all. I have normal skin that leans towards oily in the summer. On no-makeup days, I use this with a pump or two of DRUNK ELEPHANT - D-Bronzi™ Anti-Pollution Sunshine Dropsand I’m good to go! I’ve gone through 3 bottles of this amazing product and will never, ever be without it!! I purchase mine from OhLolly but I know it can be found on Amazon!

Pure magic!Pure magic!

You should give the Coola sunscreens a go 🙂 My current fave is the COOLA - Mineral Face SPF 30 - Matte Tintit says there's a tint but i don't even notice it.

@sephoraaddict918 I wish Supergoop was at Sephora Canada! I really want to get more of their stuff.

Have you tried Supergoop! @SnugglePuggle94 ? I have been using their products for a while, and I've had a good experience with the SUPERGOOP! - Unseen Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 40and SUPERGOOP! - Glow Stick Sunscreen SPF 50.

No white cast and no funny smells!

RE: Re: Help with face sunscreen?

I second this - this is truly the sunscreen to use if you hate sunscreen. It gives you a nice satin finish on the skin, it doesn’t smell like sunscreen, it’s a joy to use.
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
Photos1
  • Pure magic!
testing