Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware

Help! Red Spots On Face!

Ever since I had a few acne spots on my skin there was small little red dots leftover. I know there are topical treatments for this but I am unsure of what exactly to get? I also tend to have bumpy skin at times and they aren't even pimples...just blackheads I believe. I just would love to have clear and smooth skin, and not have these annoying bumps and red spots!

Re: Help! Red Spots On Face!

@TastyAlpacas  Try a BHA exfoliant. BHA (salicylic acid) will work on your skin’s surface and seep down into your pores to remove gunk that causes acne. (You might already use a  BHA spot treatment on your acne.) When used as an exfoliant, BHA can make your skin smoother and lighten acne scars by removing the top layer of dead skin cells. With regular use, it can make a big difference in your skin. 

I use a leave-on 2% BHA exfoliation serum by Paula’s Choice. There are many other options though. The Ordinary makes one. You can also use cleansers and toners that contain BHA; I sometimes use a BHA cleanser. But what makes the most impact on my skin is the leave-on serum. 

Also, make sure one of your skincare products contains antioxidants. And always use a sunscreen during the day, every day, to protect your skin so it can heal. 

RE: Help! Red Spots On Face!

Vitamin C helps to brighten but make sure to wear sunscreen and reapply about every 80 minutes! Sunday Riley has a good vitamin c oil as well as Biossance!
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing