Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Has anyone tried Sunday Riley UFO Oil? Spill the tea.

I have very combination skin that ranges from ultra dry to ultra oily depending on the environment and seasonal changes. I am looking for a "boost" during those nasty breakout days to my oily skincare regime. I've heard some weird rumblings about the authenticity of Sunday Riley product reviews so I wanted to reach out to this amazing community to ask those well experienced with this product who struggles with sporadic heavy breakouts what their authentic opinion of this product is. 

Some specific questions I have in mind:
1) Would you recommend this and why/why not?

2) How long have you used this product? Will you continue to buy it?

3) Is this a product you feel has a better alternative out on the market? If so, what? How do they compare?

4) What were the effects that you saw both short-term and long-term from incorporating this to your routine?

5) Do you believe this product is worth the price point?Screen Shot 2021-12-16 at 8.56.52 PM.png

Re: Has anyone tried Sunday Riley UFO Oil? Spill the tea.

1) Would you recommend this and why/why not?-Yes. I really like it as a spot treatment for my dry sensitive skin (after serums but pre moisturizer). I don't use it as an all over BHA solution but it's a good salicylic acid treatment. I think if you're looking for a BHA toner or serum for full face use multiple times a week, I would pick another product. My skin responds really well to salicylic acid. 

2) How long have you used this product? Will you continue to buy it?-A year+. Yes, once I use up other similar products in my stash. 

3) Is this a product you feel has a better alternative out on the market? If so, what? How do they compare?-I'm sure there are other spot treatments that also work well but the few I've tried have been really drying (Origins, Blume). I do want to try the Ordinary one. 

4) What were the effects that you saw both short-term and long-term from incorporating this to your routine?-Short-term is acne reduction. Since I only use as a spot treatment I wouldn't expect long term effects.

5) Do you believe this product is worth the price point?-As a spot treatment the smaller vial lasted me a year, so yes.

@QueenMarceline I think it really depends on how you want to use it. It looks like you got a vital on a good deal, I hope it works for you!!

@haleyvvvv Thank you so much. This was some really great information. I can't wait to try it out 🙂

1) Would you recommend this and why/why not? I would not recommend. I have the same skin you do (changes depending on environment and season) and this product leaves me super oily even when my skin is on the drier side. 

2) How long have you used this product? Will you continue to buy it? I've been using about 3 months and will not repurchase. 

3) Is this a product you feel has a better alternative out on the market? If so, what? How do they compare? I've found my skin reacts better to benzoyl peroxide products and I love the Paula's Choice CLEAR Daily Skin Clearing Treatment with 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide 2.25 oz/ 67 mLIf you prefer an SA treatment for acne, I prefer the Murad Outsmart Acne Clarifiying Treatment 1.7 oz/ 50 mL 

4) What were the effects that you saw both short-term and long-term from incorporating this to your routine? Effects have been minimal. This is definitely not a life changing product and there are plenty of other options at cheaper price points I feel are much more effective. 

Thank you for the awesome and thorough response! I quite enjoy their LUNA retinol oil so was very curious about this one. I actually ended up picking it up right after I posted this for $30 instead of $40 (the 0.5 oz) thanks to an ULTA coupon code. I haven't tried it yet but I'm in the "dry" phase right now so if I see the same effects you did I will be returning it. 

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 10 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
Photos1
  • Screen Shot 2021-12-16 at 8.56.52 PM.png
testing