Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Glow recipe

How do you feel about glow recipe? Do you notice a difference in your skin when you use it? 

Re: Glow recipe

I love Glow Recipe! I use the Pore Tight Toner every night as well as the watermelon sleeping mask, but I really love the banana souflee, which I wasn't expecting to like so much. It really hydrates my skin which is great because my skin is super dry, and lastly I use the watermelon glow mist and omg it is so refreshing! Like it smells amazing and makes my skin feel so nice. It's awesome to use on summer days 🙂

@alexjohnnsonn wrote:

How do you feel about glow recipe? Do you notice a difference in your skin when you use it? 

Oh heck yeah. I started using Glow Recipe Avocado Melt Retinol Sleeping Face Mask 2.3 oz/ 70 mL and noticed visible results after one use! Like when does that even happen? I've been struggling with severe endometriosis for years, and I've had 3 cancer scares since 2015 (luckily they were all related to the severity of my endo). I've been put on cancer treating drugs and very harsh hormone replacement therapies. Over the years, I've really been able to see the toll this has all taken on me- my skin is a mess. I had major surgery 2 weeks ago, and man I look rough. But after ONE USE of this avocado mask I noticed a significant reduction in the puffiness and redness of my complexion. It feels so silky smooth and doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. I cannot believe how great this product is, and I am so excited to keep using it. 10/10. I can't wait to try more of their products (they're very expensive so it'll be a long while before I can purchase more). 

@alexjohnnsonn 

Their products look appealing & the packaging is cute as well - I just wish they wouldn't use clear glass so I could let the products sit outside though. ^.^

I have only tried two of their products so far, but those two I really like. The ingredients look good enough to me & fragrance is at least the last one on the list - I can live with that.

So far I have tried the watermelon moisturizer - it is light & hydrating. So, perfect for my combo skin when it is warmer. I am not a big fan of the smell, but I don't like heavily scented skincare much anyway - but that is my only minus point for me.

The other product I am using is the new toner, which I really like. It smells a bit odd but I like how hydrating it is & the texture - I usually pat my toners in so the thicker texture works well for me. I am only using it once a day since a bit over a week now but I am happy with it so far. 

I also bought a set because I wanted to try the banana cream & the watermelon mist but I still have other mini sizes to use up before I get to that. I think sets are always great when you don't want to commit to a full size & try a brand out - everyone's skin is different after all. 😉

@alexjohnnsonn @I have tried several Glow Recipe items like the Banana soufflé, avocado mask before they changed it to a retinol, Watermelon mask and the mist and I just found it okay for my dry/combo skin. It wasn’t amazing for me to want to keep repurchasing. 

Hi @alexjohnnsonn to be honest, I haven't tried Glow Recipe yet, but it's on my list to try next. I have been using OLEHENRIKSEN Glow2OH 7% AHA Exfoliating Dark Spot Toner 6.5 oz/ 190 mL and loving it thought! I have dry, fair and acne prone skin and this has seriously done wonders for me. I noticed a big difference especially in texture and redness after only 1 week of using it (at night). 

Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing