Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Get Your Personalized Skincare Consultation from Dermalogica

This thread is closed. Thanks for getting clinical with Dermalogica.

Dermalogical_LetsGetClinical.jpg

Dermalogica is a clinical skincare brand with a mission to put your skin health first. By creating effective, skin-friendly formulas Dermalogica’s products work to treat your unique concerns and help you reach your skincare goals.

Knowing how many skincare enthusiasts we have in the community, we thought many of you would love to get personalized advice and chat with the experts behind the brand. This thread will serve as a place to ask all of your skincare questions directly from the experts. 

Dermalogica will be checking this thread from Tuesday, 4/2, to Friday, 4/5, chatting and offering advice for all your skincare concerns, from adult acne and sensitive skin to anti-aging and uneven skin tone. Feel free to post photos, share your skin type, and even your skincare routine so they can give you the best advice possible.

Let’s get clinical!

Re: Get Your Personalized Skincare Consultation from Dermalogica

Hi @erika77 

We would love to help suggest some of our Dermalgoica products to help you with your concerns of hyperpigmentation. When it comes to skin health and pigmentation it can take a while for products to start to create an effect on the skin as our normal cell cycle takes about 28 days to go through. This means that using a product for a month may or may not have total change to the skin depending on how fast your cell cycle and how deep the pigment is and how long the pigment has been there. To help with hyperpigmentation we want to exfoliate the skin to speed up the cell cycle, use a serum/treatment to help brighten up/even out the pigmentation, and protect the new skin with SPF sun protection. 

Here is a suggested regimen of Dermalogica products for you to try. 

Start with a Double Cleanse to remove any makeup/debris/oil that can clog the pore and create congestion. 

Use our Dermalogica Precleanse Cleansing Oil 5.1 oz/ 150 mL cleansing oil on dry skin and work it around to break up debris. After 30 seconds add some water to the Dermalogica Precleanse Cleansing Oil 5.1 oz/ 150 mL to emulsify and rinse off completely. Follow with our Special Cleansing Gel foaming cleanser as your second cleanse. This cleanser is pH balanced to cleanse the skin and remove debris but without stripping or drying the skin. 

After cleansing follow with exfoliation to help with removing dead skin cells that can cause congestion and also helps with hyperpigmentation. Try our Dermalogica Rapid Reveal Peel 1 time a week to increase cellular turnover and help with brightening pigmentation. 

After cleansing and exfoliation follow with some hydration with our toner, serum, and moisturizer. 

Try our DERMALOGICA - Multi-Active Toner  toner to add hydration to the skin. 

To treat the hyperpigmentation try our Dermalogica BioLumin-C Vitamin C Serum 1 oz/ 30 mLwhich will help with fine lines and hyperpigmentation. 

Lastly follow with a moisturizer that has and SPF for daytime to protect the new cells. Try our DERMALOGICA - Prisma Protect SPF 30 Moisturizeras it will hydrate the skin and protect it from free radical damage. 

Cheers to healthy skin!

Dermalogica. 

I've had face mapping done at your store/institute, as well as applying the products during that, which was helpful to feel the product fully. Also the blacklight machine was colorful. 

What's your go to item for dehydrated skin, face and body in a desert environment?

Any must have products everyone should use?

Will there ever be a barrier repair larger size available for those that aren't professionals?

Hi @TrysBeautyItems 

We are so glad you are enjoying our products! 

For dehydrated skin try our Dermalogica Skin Smoothing Cream Moisturizer 3.4 oz/ 100 mLwhich contains hyaluronic acid and our hydramesh technology to lock in moisture for 48 hours!

Cheers to healthy skin!

Dermalogica. 

Hi there! I have pretty sensitive, combination skin (which gets very oily in my t zone). I’m trying to find a good routine that will give me solid results with regular use. I also have some rosacea, some sun damage on my cheeks and near my eyes, as well as large pores. What would you recommend I use to help take care of my skin? Thank you in advance! Help is so appreciated!

Hi @MissJennylee 

We would love to help you choose the right Dermalogica products for your skin! 

Here is a suggested Dermalogica routine, based on your concerns.

Use our Dermalogica Precleanse Cleansing Oil 5.1 oz/ 150 mL cleansing oil on dry skin and work it around to break up debris. After 30 seconds add some water to the Dermalogica Precleanse Cleansing Oil 5.1 oz/ 150 mL to emulsify and rinse off completely. Follow with our Dermalogica Ultracalming Cleanser 8.4 oz/ 250 mLfor your second cleanse.  Dermalogica Ultracalming Cleanser 8.4 oz/ 250 mL was designed with sensitive skin in mind.  It is a gentle gel/cream cleanser that helps soothe irritated, sensitized skin.  

After cleansing follow with exfoliation to help with removing dead skin cells, and also aid in improving skin texture. Try our Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant Refillable Exfoliator 2.6 oz/ 74g

which exfoliates with the use of enzymes, in turn making it suitable for most all skin types. It also has brightening ingredients, which is great for treating hyperpigmentation.

After cleansing and exfoliation follow with some hydration with our toner, serum, and moisturizer. 

To treat your sensitive skin try our Dermalogica Ultracalming Serum Concentrate 1.3 oz/ 40 mL  which will help with sensitivity, redness, and inflammation in the skin.

Lastly follow with a moisturizer that has an SPF for daytime to protect the new cells. Try our DERMALOGICA - Prisma Protect SPF 30 Moisturizeras it will hydrate the skin and protect it from free radical damage.  

Cheers to healthy skin!

Dermalogica. 

Will dermologica make the oil free matte spf30 without Oxybenzone and Octinoxate? I would love an oil free spf that has zinc oxide and titanium dioxide (safe mineral options) instead of toxic chemicals. 

Hi @smica 

That is a great question! We actually have launched our new DERMALOGICA - Prisma Protect SPF 30 Moisturizerthat does not contain those two ingredients that you are concerned about. 

Cheers to healthy skin!

Dermalogica.

I am 45 and battling a number of skin concerns- first is acne and large pores that I've had for most of my life.  Second ossue is hyperpigmentation. Last is new and that is wrinkles. Can you reccomend a skincare routine that will help with all three?  

Hi @smica 

We would love to help suggest some of our Dermalgoica products to help you with your concerns of aging, pigmentation, and breakouts. 

Here is a suggested regimen of Dermalogica products for you to try. 

Start with a Double Cleanse to remove any makeup/debris/oil that can clog the pore and create congestion. 

Use our Dermalogica Precleanse Cleansing Oil 5.1 oz/ 150 mL cleansing oil on dry skin and work it around to break up debris. After 30 seconds add some water to the Dermalogica Precleanse Cleansing Oil 5.1 oz/ 150 mL to emulsify and rinse off completely. Follow with our Special Cleansing Gel foaming cleanser as your second cleanse. This cleanser is pH balanced to cleanse the skin and remove debris but without stripping or drying the skin. 

After cleansing follow with exfoliation to help with removing dead skin cells that can cause congestion and also helps with hyperpigmentation. Try our Dermalogica Rapid Reveal Peel 1 time a week to increase cellular turnover and help with brightening pigmentation. 

To spot treat for the breakouts try our DERMALOGICA - Breakout Clearing Booster

to help with killing the bad p-acnes bacteria and also reducing inflammation.

To treat the hyperpigmentation try our Dermalogica BioLumin-C Vitamin C Serum 1 oz/ 30 mLwhich will help with fine lines and hyperpigmentation. 

Lastly follow with a moisturizer that has and SPF for daytime to protect the new cells. Try our DERMALOGICA - Prisma Protect SPF 30 Moisturizeras it will hydrate the skin and protect it from free radical damage. This formula is light enough to not clog the pores for breakout prone skin. 

Cheers to healthy skin!

Dermalogica. 

how can I prevent occasional breakouts ?I exfoliate with ahas regularly..please recommend a product which can prevent my breakouts ..thank you

Hi @sweety0288 

We have our DERMALOGICA - Breakout Clearing Boosterwhich is great to use on current breakouts and also you can add a few drops to your moisturizer to help with preventing breakouts. This formula features our unique TT technology which helps kill the bad p-acne bacteria without damaging the good bacteria in our skin. 

Cheers to healthy skin!

Dermalogica

Hi there @dermalogica ! Mid 30's with dry skin that is more on the sensitive side when it comes to applying skincare products (I tend to break out from new products and do not have issues with acne). I have some issues with pores on my nose, but otherwise am doing okay. I am looking to combat fine lines and wrinkles, especially on my forehead and laugh lines, while taking care of my dry skin (which is worse in the wintertime than in the summer). Also would like to take care of some light hyperpigmentation that I have.  I have dark under eyes with fine lines as well that I am trying to care of at the moment, but if there is a better solution I am all for it. 

Spoiler
I am currently using Fresh Rose Deep Hydrating toner, Clarins Double Serum, The Ordinary's Vitamin C suspension in silicone (spot treat hyperpigmentation), The Ordinary's salicylic acid (spot treatment for whenever I have a breakout), The Ordinary's resveratrol 3% and ferulic acid 3%, The Ordinary retinol 2% in squalane (only on nose and chin a few days a week), Belif aqua bomb eye cream, Elemis Peptide4 eye cream, and Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench Hyaluronic Cloud Cream. I cleanse daily with Bosica Purifying gel cleanser (my skin likes gel products) and AmorePacific treatment enzyme peel (only 2-3x's a week) Thank you kindly!

Hello,

My issue is that I have bumps on the sides of my chin and near my nose.  I use spf 30 lotion in am and dove to clean my face.  My main concern is how to get rid of these bumps and discoloration on around my mouth?  Thank you 

Hi @alim007 

Sometimes the bumps could be congestion or sometimes they can be from sensitivity. If the condition persists or worsens always consult your dermatologist. 

Here is a suggested regimen with dermalogica products that might help with your skin concerns. 

Start with a double cleanse to remove any makeup/debris/oil that can clog the pores. 

Dermalogica Precleanse Cleansing Oil 5.1 oz/ 150 mL is a cleansing oil meant to be the first step in cleansing. Apply to dry skin and work around until all makeup and debris is loose then add water to the skin. Precleanse will turn a white color as it emulsifies and rinse it off clean. Follow with Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel 8.4 oz/ 250 mL which is a foaming cleanser that is pH balanced to the skin. This will clean the skin but without stripping or drying the skin. 

After cleansing start introducing gentle exfoliation to the skin to remove dead skin cells that can clog up the pores and cause possible bumps. Use  Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant Refillable Exfoliator 2.6 oz/ 74gThis is an enzymatic powder that is gentle enough to use daily to help with removing dead skin cells that can clog the pores. 

After cleansing and exfoliation, follow with hydration and spot treating. 

Try our  DERMALOGICA - Multi-Active Toner  Spray onto the skin for hydration and apply our  DERMALOGICA - Breakout Clearing Booster to any areas that are congested or breaking out. 

Finish off your routine with some sun protection for the day time such as our DERMALOGICA - Prisma Protect SPF 30 Moisturizer or a nighttime moisturizer such as our DERMALOGICA - Skin Soothing Hydrating Lotion.

Cheers to healthy skin!

Dermalogica. 

my skin is oily/ combo I have noticable pores and acne scaring. what products would you recommend for a day and night routine?

Hi @lmaster 

Thank you for your question. Here is a suggested regimen from Dermalogica to help with healthy skin! 

In the morning try our 

Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel 8.4 oz/ 250 mLthis gel cleanser is pH balanced to the skin to remove oil and debris without stripping or drying the skin. 

Dermalogica Multi-Active Toner 8.4 oz/ 250 mLwill deliver hydration to the skin before your serum. 

Dermalogica BioLumin-C Vitamin C Serum 1 oz/ 30 mLis a potent vitamin C serum that will help with hyperpigmentation scars from previous breakouts and also help with fine lines. 

DERMALOGICA - Prisma Protect SPF 30 Moisturizer is a lightweight moisturizer that also has sun protection to help with luminosity. 

In the evening try our

Dermalogica Precleanse Cleansing Oil 5.1 oz/ 150 mLthis cleansing oil will help with removing makeup/debris/oil from the skin without irritating, drying, or congesting the skin. 

Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel 8.4 oz/ 250 mL

Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant Refillable Exfoliator 2.6 oz/ 74gis a powder enzyme exfoliant that will gently remove dead skin cells for even the most sensitive of skin. 

Dermalogica Multi-Active Toner 8.4 oz/ 250 mL

Dermalogica BioLumin-C Vitamin C Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL

DERMALOGICA - Skin Smoothing Creamwill hydrate the skin with it's hydramesh technology to deliver 48 hours of hydration. 

Cheers to healthy skin! 

Dermalogica.

Thank you so much @dermalogica 😍

Anonymous Insider

RE: Get Your Personalized Skincare Consultation from Dermalogica

Thanks for thread!

I am 46 years old and have relatively good skin (occasionally break out), dry in the winter and pretty normal during the summer.  I am getting those fine lines around my eyes though.  I currently don't use anything for anti-aging and think I should add something in to my routine (which is very basic Kiehls to wash with and Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream for moisture).  Any suggestions on which of your products can help me?

Hi @jennparr 

The eye area is one of the most delicate areas of our face and can show fine lines very easily. Try our Dermalogica Age Reversal Eye Complex 0.5 oz/ 15 mLat night time to help with signs of aging. This formula has retinol in it to help with skin firmness and elasticity.

Cheers to healthy skin!

Dermalogica.

Hello. I have dry/flaky skin. I have pores on my nose/cheeks. And I have textured skin (bumps) on my forehead. Are there any specific products that can help me with these issues?
124 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos6
  • Dermalogical_LetsGetClinical.jpg
  • 9DF5D5FC-2723-4D3F-A8E9-5D80C2F4F075.jpeg
  • 20190402_193023.jpg
  • No makeup, just sunscreen. Hyperpigmentation and dehydrated
  • image.jpg
testing