Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Get Your Personalized Skincare Consultation from Dermalogica

This thread is closed. Thanks for getting clinical with Dermalogica.

Dermalogical_LetsGetClinical.jpg

Dermalogica is a clinical skincare brand with a mission to put your skin health first. By creating effective, skin-friendly formulas Dermalogica’s products work to treat your unique concerns and help you reach your skincare goals.

Knowing how many skincare enthusiasts we have in the community, we thought many of you would love to get personalized advice and chat with the experts behind the brand. This thread will serve as a place to ask all of your skincare questions directly from the experts. 

Dermalogica will be checking this thread from Tuesday, 4/2, to Friday, 4/5, chatting and offering advice for all your skincare concerns, from adult acne and sensitive skin to anti-aging and uneven skin tone. Feel free to post photos, share your skin type, and even your skincare routine so they can give you the best advice possible.

Let’s get clinical!

Re: Get Your Personalized Skincare Consultation from Dermalogica

Hello. I’m on the cusp of 34 years young. I’m interested in updating my skincare routine to include the following concerns: few fine lines on forehead, slight puffiness with some darker discoloration under eyes, and dryness. I also feel slightly dull like I need a brightener.  What products for a Dermalogica routine would you recommend? 

Hi @Ashleybre 

We would love to help suggest some of our Dermalgoica products to help you with your concerns of aging, pigmentation, and dark circles/puffiness. 

Here is a suggested regimen of Dermalogica products for you to try. 

Start with a Double Cleanse to remove any makeup/debris/oil that can clog the pore and create congestion. 

Use our Dermalogica Precleanse Cleansing Oil 5.1 oz/ 150 mL cleansing oil on dry skin and work it around to break up debris. After 30 seconds add some water to the Dermalogica Precleanse Cleansing Oil 5.1 oz/ 150 mL to emulsify and rinse off completely. Follow with our Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel 8.4 oz/ 250 mL foaming cleanser as your second cleanse. This cleanser is pH balanced to cleanse the skin and remove debris but without stripping or drying the skin. 

After cleansing follow with exfoliation to help with removing dead skin cells and helps with fine lines and hyperpigmentation. Try our Dermalogica Rapid Reveal Peel 1 time a week to increase cellular turnover and help with brightening and smoothing. 

After cleansing and exfoliation follow with some hydration with our toner, serum, and moisturizer. 

Try our DERMALOGICA - Multi-Active Toner  toner to add hydration to the skin. 

To treat the hyperpigmentation try our Dermalogica BioLumin-C Vitamin C Serum 1 oz/ 30 mLwhich will help with fine lines and hyperpigmentation. 

Lastly follow with a moisturizer that has and SPF for daytime to protect the new cells. Try our Dermalogica Prisma Protect SPF 30 Moisturizer 1.7 oz/ 50 mLas it will hydrate the skin and protect it from free radical damage. 

For Dark circles and puffiness around the eye area us our Dermalogica Stress Positive Eye Lift Mask 0.85 oz/ 25 mL

Cheers to healthy skin!

Dermalogica. 

Anonymous Insider

Im 24 this year. 

Mom

I have been using moisturizers mornings before makeup and at night. 

I try to wash my face every night. 

My skin is so dry... No matter what foundation, its always flaky. 

I literally shed flakes as soon as i touch my face ..but somehow i still have break outs and wide pores. 

Its hard to use things on my face because almost everything burns. 

Even kiss of H2O burns my face some times... 

What can I do to stop looking like a lagoon monster? 

(This is also a whole body problem till midsummer but lol not as big of a deal) 

Hi @Atlantis56 

Flakiness, dryness, burning and sensitivity to products is a sign of an impaired barrier on the skin. Skin lacking water/hydration can lead to this impaired barrier. To help repair the barrier and bring moisture back into the skin without clogging the pores try this regimen below. 

Start with our Dermalogica Ultracalming Cleanser 8.4 oz/ 250 mLwhich is a gentle gel-cream cleanser that is pH balanced to your skin. It has soothing ingredients to calm redness and sensitivity. 

To calm down sensitivity try our Dermalogica Ultracalming Serum Concentrate 1.3 oz/ 40 mL to help with reducing redness and inflammation and helping repair a damaged barrier. This serum can be used day and night after cleansing underneath your moisturizer. 

Follow the Ultracalming Serum Concentrate with our moisturizer  DERMALOGICA - Calm Water Gel Moisturizer  which will lock in hydration and quench dry skin. 

Cheers to healthy skin!

Dermalogica

I'm 30, and I've always been blessed with clear and great skin (I didn't even have acne during puberty, which made me wonder at the time if I missed puberty or was a late bloomer!)

Fast forward to now and I'm hit with random acne (a smattering of spotty, itchy tiny red bumps around my cheeks and chin and some actual pimples sometimes on my forehead or chin which is rarer). My skin is regularly dry and itchy and my lovely clear skin tone is now all patchy and dark in places. I've changed skincare brands a few times and some of the Korean hydration brands have so far worked best for me to control the dryness but the acne and uneven skin tone seem to stubbornly stay on. What am I doing wrong?

RE: Re: Get Your Personalized Skincare Consultation from Dermalogica

I would recommend biweekly facials! Some acne is just deep under the skin and needs professional help to clear! After things settle down go for monthly facials, they’re worth every penny. Also invest in some Korean skin care such as CORX brands. They have amazing toners and spot treatments! Even pimple stickers to reduce and protect your acne. you can buy it at YesStyle.com and here’s a code 💕HJVGKA 💕to save some money when you do.

Hi @IndraniB 

It sounds that the bumps might be from some sensitivity/sensitization which can look like acne but because of the itchiness and dryness it sounds more like sensitivity of the skin. If the conditions worsen you should always visit your dermatologist to get a professional diagnosis. 

Sensitization can be caused by too much physical or chemical over exfoliation, incorrect product, or sensitivity due to rosacea or other disorders. Try reducing how much you exfoliate and increase calming ingredients and see if the bumps calm down. 

Start with our Dermalogica Ultracalming Cleanser 8.4 oz/ 250 mLwhich is a gentle gel-cream cleanser that is pH balanced to your skin. It has soothing ingredients to calm redness and sensitivity. 

To calm down sensitivity try our Dermalogica Ultracalming Serum Concentrate 1.3 oz/ 40 mL to help with reducing redness and inflammation and helping repair a damaged barrier. This serum can be used day and night after cleansing underneath your moisturizer. 

Follow the Ultracalming Serum Concentrate with our moisturizer  DERMALOGICA - Calm Water Gel Moisturizer  which will lock in hydration and quench dry skin. 

Cheers to healthy skin!

Dermalogica

I just turned 35 and I’m having some skin troubles.  I’m sure it’s due to my age because I have always had great skin. 

I actually started using dermalogica the last 4 months. I use precleanse, special cleansing gel, & the dynamic skin recovery. These product works great on my skin and it keeps my  2 small rosacea spots on my cheeks under control.  I now have dark dry circles around my eyes and fine lines on my forehead. What would you recommend for me? I do love this line so I’m excited to see what else I could use for my skin. 

Thank you 

Hi @AMrican thanks for your question and happy to help!

A great nightime companion to DERMALOGICA - Dynamic Skin Recovery SPF50 Moisturizeris Dermalogica BioLumin-C Vitamin C Serum 1 oz/ 30 mLand Dermalogica Sound Sleep Cocoon Night Gel-Cream 1.7 oz/ 50 mL. You can target Dermalogica BioLumin-C Vitamin C Serum 1 oz/ 30 mLon areas you would like to smoothe, brighten and protect like forhead or use all over, Dermalogica Sound Sleep Cocoon Night Gel-Cream 1.7 oz/ 50 mLis a great way to optimize your skins night time regeneration as well. 

For eyes I love Dermalogica Stress Positive Eye Lift Mask 0.85 oz/ 25 mLday and/or night for a boost of lightweight, plumping hydration.

I am in my late 40's and have rosacea and combination skin. Very sensitive and with bad dry spots. What do you recommend?

@KatieBT wrote:

This thread open to questions. Ask Dermalogica's expert team your skincare questions until Friday, 4/5. 

Dermalogical_LetsGetClinical.jpg

Dermalogica is a clinical skincare brand with a mission to put your skin health first. By creating effective, skin-friendly formulas Dermalogica’s products work to treat your unique concerns and help you reach your skincare goals.

Knowing how many skincare enthusiasts we have in the community, we thought many of you would love to get personalized advice and chat with the experts behind the brand. This thread will serve as a place to ask all of your skincare questions directly from the experts. 

Dermalogica will be checking this thread from Tuesday, 4/2, to Friday, 4/5, chatting and offering advice for all your skincare concerns, from adult acne and sensitive skin to anti-aging and uneven skin tone. Feel free to post photos, share your skin type, and even your skincare routine so they can give you the best advice possible.

Let’s get clinical!

Hi @Blonde1207 

Dermalogica has many products to help with sensitive skin. We also do not use any artificial fragrances or dyes that are commonly known to irritate the skin.

After cleansing follow with our Dermalogica Ultracalming Serum Concentrate 1.3 oz/ 40 mL

that can be used morning and night under your moisturizer. This serum helps reduce extreme sensitivity and will help with repairing the barrier. 

We hope you find this information helpful. 

Cheers to healthy skin!

Dermalogica

Hi

I'm 58.  my struggle is the usual fine lines, dark spots, dark circles under my eyes and just missing that vibrant look.  I've tried numerous lines ; drunk elephant, sunday riley, peter roth, murad, ole henriksen, you get the point.  While I do notice a difference, especially if I don't use any, I really haven't found a line that makes me want to stay with it forever.  However, I do get compliments on my skin and typically my age is guessed lowers.  Do you have any ideas?

thanks

Michelle

have a beautiful day

Hi @BARBIE53 

Thank you Michelle for your questions about your skin. It sounds like you are very skin savvy and are using a consistent skin regimen. We at Dermalogica believe in skin health and helping you have your best skin at any age. As we cannot completely stop the signs of aging we can help with maintaining healthy skin and preventing premature damage. 

We have some product recommendations that can help address some of your concerns with fine lines, hyperpigmentation and dark circles. 

If you would like to tell me your skin type (ie. oily, dry, combination) we can help with recommending a full regimen. 

For some of your specific skin concerns of fine lines and pigmentation we have our

Dermalogica BioLumin-C Vitamin C Serum 1 oz/ 30 mLthat is safe to use daytime and nighttime under your favorite dermalogica moisturizer. This formula has two advanced stabilized forms of vitamin C and a peptide to help fight off free radical damage that can cause premature aging and help repair damage already done. 

For the concerns with dark circles we have Dermalogica Stress Positive Eye Lift Mask 0.85 oz/ 25 mLthat will help with signs of puffiness, dark circles, and dehydration. Plus it has a nice cooling tip to massage the formula into the skin to help with circulation. 

We hope you have found this information helpful. 

Cheers to healthy skin!

Dermalogica

thank  you so much, I will have a look.  Will you be having an event at Sephora, like to make an appointment and discuss in person ?

Im looking for something that helps calm mi rosacea. Im in my 20's and i have dry skin!

Hi @GiselleGarzon 

Thank you so much for your question. 

Dermalogica has many products to help with sensitive skin. We also do not use any artificial fragrances or dyes that are commonly known to irritate the skin.

Start with our Dermalogica Ultracalming Cleanser 8.4 oz/ 250 mLwhich is a gentle gel-cream cleanser that is pH balanced to your skin. It has soothing ingredients to calm redness and sensitivity. 

After cleansing follow with our Dermalogica Ultracalming Serum Concentrate 1.3 oz/ 40 mL

that can be used morning and night under your moisturizer. This serum helps reduce extreme sensitivity and will help with repairing the barrier. 

Follow the Ultracalming Serum Concentrate with our moisturizer  Dermalogica Calm Water Gel Moisturizer 1.7 oz/ 50 mL which will lock in hydration and quench dry skin. 

We hope you find this information helpful. 

Cheers to healthy skin!

Dermalogica

Hi there! I'm 30 and am interested in all the things. About my skin:
1. I'm oily! SO oily.

2. I get breakouts during that-time-of-the-month, when I'm stressed, and (I think) when I eat dairy. Right now they are centered on my jaw line, chin, and on one laugh line (because mother nature can be cruel).

3. I'm interested in brightening/evening skin-tone and anti-aging as I start getting older!

I'm so excited to see what you advise!
Thank you!!
Kelly

Hi @KelliaPaints 

We would love to help suggest some of our Dermalgoica products to help you with your concerns of aging, pigmentation, and breakouts. 

Start with a Double Cleanse to remove any makeup/debris/oil that can clog the pore and create congestion. 

Use our Dermalogica Precleanse Cleansing Oil 5.1 oz/ 150 mL cleansing oil on dry skin and work it around to break up debris. After 30 seconds add some water to the Dermalogica Precleanse Cleansing Oil 5.1 oz/ 150 mL to emulsify and rinse off completely. Follow with our Special Cleansing Gel foaming cleanser as your second cleanse. This cleanser is pH balanced to cleanse the skin and remove debris but without stripping or drying the skin. 

After cleansing follow with exfoliation to help with removing dead skin cells that can cause congestion and also helps with hyperpigmentation. Try our Dermalogica Rapid Reveal Peel 1 time a week to increase cellular turnover and help with brightening pigmentation. 

After cleansing and exfoliation follow with some hydration with our toner, serum, and moisturizer. 

To spot treat for the breakouts try our DERMALOGICA - Breakout Clearing Booster

to help with killing the bad p-acnes bacteria and also reducing inflammation.

To treat the hyperpigmentation try our Dermalogica BioLumin-C Vitamin C Serum 1 oz/ 30 mLwhich will help with fine lines and hyperpigmentation. 

Lastly follow with a moisturizer that has and SPF for daytime to protect the new cells. Try our Dermalogica Prisma Protect SPF 30 Moisturizer 1.7 oz/ 50 mLas it will hydrate the skin and protect it from free radical damage. This formula is light enough to not clog the pores for breakout prone skin. 

Cheers to healthy skin!

Dermalogica. 

Hi, I have combination skin and am in my 30's so I'm prioritizing anti-aging. What's the best anti-aging regime for my skin type? Can oil-free moisturizers be effective for anti-aging results?

Hello @jamie555808 

We would love to help suggest some of our Dermalgoica products to help you with your concerns of aging and oily skin. Yes there are lightweight moisturizers that are great for age prevention, the most important one being sunscreen!

Use our Dermalogica Precleanse Cleansing Oil 5.1 oz/ 150 mL cleansing oil on dry skin and work it around to break up debris. After 30 seconds add some water to the Dermalogica Precleanse Cleansing Oil 5.1 oz/ 150 mL to emulsify and rinse off completely. Follow with our Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel 8.4 oz/ 250 mL foaming cleanser as your second cleanse. This cleanser is pH balanced to cleanse the skin and remove debris but without stripping or drying the skin. 

After cleansing follow with exfoliation to help with removing dead skin cells and helps with hyperpigmentation. Try our Dermalogica Rapid Reveal Peel 1 time a week to increase cellular turnover and help with brightening pigmentation. 

Lastly follow with a moisturizer that has and SPF for daytime to protect the new cells. Try our Dermalogica Prisma Protect SPF 30 Moisturizer 1.7 oz/ 50 mLas it will hydrate the skin and protect it from free radical damage. This formula is light enough to not clog the pores for breakout prone skin. 

At night try our Dermalogica Sound Sleep Cocoon Night Gel-Cream 1.7 oz/ 50 mLwhich is a lightweight gel night time moisturizer. 

Cheers to healthy skin!

Dermalogica. 

What is the best for melasma? I started tetranoxic acid 2 days ago 

124 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos6
  • Dermalogical_LetsGetClinical.jpg
  • 9DF5D5FC-2723-4D3F-A8E9-5D80C2F4F075.jpeg
  • 20190402_193023.jpg
  • No makeup, just sunscreen. Hyperpigmentation and dehydrated
  • image.jpg